Valued Member
breakdown1987

AMEX Due Date Question

I was recently approved for a Zync but denied a BCE. I've already received the card, made an online account, but I can't figure out when my monthly due date is? Where can I find this at? (This is my first AMEX)

Established Contributor
Koop10010

Re: AMEX Due Date Question

You should be able to see when your statement is going to cut.  Since you have a charge card, you're going to get a "please pay by" date that is 15 days after your statement cuts; actually though, your payment isn't considered late unless the next month's statement cuts before you pay, and I think late fees aren't assessed until 45 days after the statement cuts.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Established Contributor
CruzImperial

I´m on the same boat here. I have 1 charge 1 revolver and cannot see when I´m supposed to pay for them.

The balance reported is the balance at the day the statement cuts or the balance after the due date?

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Frequent Contributor
OhioCPA

For new Amex charge cards the closing date will be about 30 days after the account was opened. You should see a comment such as "since July 14" which would indicate the account was opened on July 14 and the statement will close on August 13. The balance reported will be the balance owed on this date. 

________________________________________________________________________________
Valued Member
breakdown1987

Thank you for clarifying. I will probably call and just confirm with a CSR also.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+