Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ED Offer for SO

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

AMEX ED Offer for SO

So, my SO got an AMEX Everyday offer this weekend.

12.99% ongoing APR (after the 0% promo)

25,000 MR points after $2,500 spend in 3 months.

Is this the best Everyday offer around? Meeting spend won't be a prob; 20 transactions / month might not happen. Far too many better cards in the wallet.

SO should be approved; high 700's score last checked; but big student loan (almost equal to annual income).

Should we apply for another card instead of the ED? We are mostly interested in the bonus points.

Background info:

SO is not a big fan of credit card apps. Picking and choosing necessary. If opened, we might not close the card soon.

SO needs to travel a lot, but flights and hotels are booked through company-provided website / agent. And through corporate AMEX Green.

As of now, weekly round-trips on Delta and SPG stays; but it's location dependent. Later half of the year, this can become American Airlines and Hyatt group. Who knows. Anyway employer requires flight and hotels to be booked using corp card. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX ED Offer for SO

@Ghoshida wrote:

So, my SO got an AMEX Everyday offer this weekend.

12.99% ongoing APR (after the 0% promo)

25,000 MR points after $2,500 spend in 3 months.

Is this the best Everyday offer around? Meeting spend won't be a prob; 20 transactions / month might not happen. Far too many better cards in the wallet.

SO should be approved; high 700's score last checked; but big student loan (almost equal to annual income).

Should we apply for another card instead of the ED? We are mostly interested in the bonus points.

Background info:

SO is not a big fan of credit card apps. Picking and choosing necessary. If opened, we might not close the card soon.

SO needs to travel a lot, but flights and hotels are booked through company-provided website / agent. And through corporate AMEX Green.

As of now, weekly round-trips on Delta and SPG stays; but it's location dependent. Later half of the year, this can become American Airlines and Hyatt group. Who knows. Anyway employer requires flight and hotels to be booked using corp card. 

That's a pretty good offer for the ED.  I'd jump on it.

Message 2 of 7
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Standard ED offer is 10K for $1k spend.  I'd accept.

Message 3 of 7
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a pretty good offer for the ED.  I'd jump on it.

Thanks Irish !

Message 4 of 7
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Thats a real nice offer!!  Go for it!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 5 of 7
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Yes, that's what got us interested.

I'm not getting any offers probably because (a) current AMEX members don't get special offers or (b) my reports are frozen. I got a 50k/$5k spend AMEX Plat offer inside my online profile but the AF's too steep and benefits are not aligned to our needs.

Message 6 of 7
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Yes, that's what got us interested.

I'm not getting any offers probably because (a) current AMEX members don't get special offers or (b) my reports are frozen. I got a 50k/$5k spend AMEX Plat offer inside my online profile but the AF's too steep and benefits are not aligned to our needs.

I wasn't an Amex holder but wasn't receiving offer either.  I was preiously on the BL.  I apped from the website and got the 10/1 sign-up.  Happy I did it because it was before the policy change. 

There is a 50K - 1st yr free offer floating about.  I apped for it on Friday, received card today.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.