Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ED

tag
tjones9234
Contributor

Re: AMEX ED

Op,

I disagree with some of the above sentiment, per the revisons of the card act in 2013...If you have reasonalbe access to income it may be used as a basis for repayment..Joint bank account is more then reasonable, you have just as much legal right to the money in that account as your BF.. The card act was ammended eexactly for situations like this, and for stay at home partents and domestic partners..I think if you get a FR from amex they neeed to be ready to review not only your tax return but bank account statements as well, they ask to include ALL income on applications

Message 11 of 14
tjones9234
Contributor

IMO be honest and "smart"...Include ALL of the available income..dont short change yourself, read the legal document as well ....can be found in pdf form on the web

Message 12 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@tjones9234 wrote:

Op,

I disagree with some of the above sentiment, per the revisons of the card act in 2013...If you have reasonalbe access to income it may be used as a basis for repayment..Joint bank account is more then reasonable, you have just as much legal right to the money in that account as your BF.. The card act was ammended eexactly for situations like this, and for stay at home partents and domestic partners..I think if you get a FR from amex they neeed to be ready to review not only your tax return but bank account statements as well, they ask to include ALL income on applications

Amex does not request bank statements* or paystubs with a FR.  They review tax transcripts via form 4506-t; if they do not file together the best advice is to not cause a FR, dont use BF's income or apply with another creditor.

* In rare cases, they have been known to accept additional documents i.e recent graduate

Message 13 of 14
tjones9234
Contributor

Well the amex fr review policy has a serious flaw imo.. The application clearly states to "include all income available to you" ... Based on their wording not mine, they need to seriously upgrade the FR process ... If Amex will only consider your tax return, then the application wording should state to include only "your" income that you can verify with an irs tax return.. The wording is vague and non my ficoers would have no clue what to do
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.