Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX EMV

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

AMEX EMV

What cards can have the EMV chip on it? I have ZYNC, Gold, Delta Gold.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX EMV

BCE, BCP, Platinum, Gold, Green -- just some I'm aware of.

Message 2 of 36
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

You can do online chat and they will till u if its available I did it for my bce I don't use my zync enough any more so I didn't bother
Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 3 of 36
shark268
Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

BCE, BCP, Platinum, Gold, Green -- just some I'm aware of.

ED and EDP as well. 

4/2013 first credit ever. Eq Fico 749, discover TU fico 777

NFCU NavChek: 15k // NFCU CashRewards 14k // Sportsman's Guide Visa 9k // CSP 7.5k // CU LOC 7.5k // Amex BCE 6k (1987) // Total Rewards 5.5k // BarclayCard Ring 5k // Amex ED 4.5k (1987) // Commerce Bank 4k // Cap1 VentureOne 3k // JCrew Store: $6.45k // WF Visa 3k // Amazon Store 2.5k // Quicksilver MC $1.5k // Discover IT $1250 // Chase Freedom $1k // PenFed LOC $500
Message 4 of 36
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I that a new credit request?

Message 5 of 36
Involver
Valued Contributor

No they process it as a card replacement.

Message 6 of 36
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

@Involver wrote:

this. it doesn't do any pull.

i think all non-partnered amex products have emv (so not delta, spg, costco, etc.)

12k                    10k                     5k                 12.5k (AU)                 6k                   NPSL                   12k
Message 7 of 36
dilettante
Established Contributor

@milkshakes wrote:

@Involver wrote:

this. it doesn't do any pull.

i think all non-partnered amex products have emv (so not delta, spg, costco, etc.)

Costco TE Amex EMV availability started at the beginning of  March ( I've already got mine) and Delta Amex is scheduled to add EMV starting beginning of May.

Message 8 of 36
Airforcekid
Established Member

How long does it take to get the replacement card I could actually use an EMV card soon but if its over a week it would be too late.

NFCU Cashrewards $3,500| Navcheck $7,500| Discover IT $500| AMEX $6000| CS:724
Message 9 of 36
dilettante
Established Contributor

@Airforcekid wrote:

How long does it take to get the replacement card I could actually use an EMV card soon but if its over a week it would be too late.

I got mine 2 days after calling and requesting the EMV replacement. If they don't mention that they will expedite it, ask them to expedite. The CSR I spoke to said it would automatically be expedited but apologized that it would take 2 days and not overnite.

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.