Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX - ERR

tag
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX - ERR

@Membersince2013 wrote:

I got it too. I just ignore offers from Amex now. I'm not gonna give them another opportunity to FR me.

I and my wife both got it as well.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Why does AMEX insist on sending me targeted offers via email 15k points for the eveyday card, when they just declined me 1.5 months ago for the green card!!!  They make no sense.  No way am I going to byte until my experian is >680..  sitting around 665ish now.  They love tempting you, but not going to lose another experian HP on most likely another denial.

Sure it is just marketing, but sure they target certain credit scores none the less or profiles

Believe it or not, you may just be on the very edge of the map for an approval....probably with a matchbox car limit like $1,000 but still.

They will likely triple pull in case they approve.

Message 12 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Why does AMEX insist on sending me targeted offers via email 15k points for the eveyday card, when they just declined me 1.5 months ago for the green card!!!  They make no sense.  No way am I going to byte until my experian is >680..  sitting around 665ish now.  They love tempting you, but not going to lose another experian HP on most likely another denial.

Sure it is just marketing, but sure they target certain credit scores none the less or profiles

Believe it or not, you may just be on the very edge of the map for an approval....probably with a matchbox car limit like $1,000 but still.

They will likely triple pull in case they approve.

with their CLi policy you can go from 1k to 9k in couple of months no problem. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

8 months Smiley Frustrated

Message 14 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Nixon wrote:

8 months Smiley Frustrated

at least they are SP unlike some other banks that will require HP for any attempts at CLI!!!

Talking about amex cli i have to pick which amex i want to attempt CLI since they are both coming up at the same time, my new EDP or my older bce. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 15 of 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Why does AMEX insist on sending me targeted offers via email 15k points for the eveyday card, when they just declined me 1.5 months ago for the green card!!!  They make no sense.

It makes no sense to you because you're assuming causality that does not exist.  The offers are just marketing.  You can always opt out if you don't want to receive offers.

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Again, it is just marketing.  Your options are ignore or opt out.  Your call.  You don't have to respond to any form of marketing that you get in your mailbox whether for cards or for anything else.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.