Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Every Day CLI - received email to call

tag
KyWoman
Established Member

AMEX Every Day CLI - received email to call

I am at the 181 day mark for my (hopefully) second CL increase with AMEX.  I'm currently at $6k and requested $18k via the luv button.  First I got the response that I would receive a written response within 7-10 days.  Immediately received this email:

We've finished reviewing your credit limit increase request. To get the details of our decision please contact our Customer Care team at your earliest convenience by calling 1-800-535-7790.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

So before I call...has anyone else received this response?  Should I be prepared for good news or not so much?

Thanks!  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Samac
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Every Day CLI - received email to call

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure it means no CLI for you. I've applied for CLI with them twice and that's the result I've been given both times. Sitting here at 3000 forever. 

Message 2 of 12
KyWoman
Established Member

Thanks - that's pretty much what I thought!  Probably no need to call...  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. It's a denial. 

Message 4 of 12
KyWoman
Established Member

Thanks for the verification.  That was my guess.  Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KyWoman wrote:

I am at the 181 day mark for my (hopefully) second CL increase with AMEX.  I'm currently at $6k and requested $18k via the luv button.  First I got the response that I would receive a written response within 7-10 days.  Immediately received this email:

We've finished reviewing your credit limit increase request. To get the details of our decision please contact our Customer Care team at your earliest convenience by calling 1-800-535-7790.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

So before I call...has anyone else received this response?  Should I be prepared for good news or not so much?

Thanks!  

I would give them a call. Yes I am about 99.99% sure it is declined but you could have calculated your 181 days wrong. I did the same thing. I thought it was time, applied for the cli and got the same email. I called in and they let me know when I would be eligable, I was 3 days off.

Message 6 of 12
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I was denied one time that (email us) way on Delta my limit is 1K and I wanted to purchase tickets for 2200, they said ummm NO.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sorry if it is a denial. I don't know why they would make you call to get that info,

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give them a call and see.  I did and was told I was asking too soon for the 3xcli.

Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Agree call, if its 99% denial still leaves the 1% other. Smiley Happy better to know than not i saySmiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.