Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX EveryDay vs EveryDay Preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX EveryDay vs EveryDay Preferred

I have had the AMEX EveryDay card for a while now. Love it, enjoy using it, did the 3X CL that many of you have suggested (Got from $2000 to $6000).

I revisited the idea of applying the EveryDay Preferred recently. Concerning the fact that I put around $1500 on the card every month, is it feasible for me to make the switch from the no-fee card to its Preferred counterpart? If so, what steps should I follow in order to perform the PC?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX EveryDay vs EveryDay Preferred

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had the AMEX EveryDay card for a while now. Love it, enjoy using it, did the 3X CL that many of you have suggested (Got from $2000 to $6000).

I revisited the idea of applying the EveryDay Preferred recently. Concerning the fact that I put around $1500 on the card every month, is it feasible for me to make the switch from the no-fee card to its Preferred counterpart? If so, what steps should I follow in order to perform the PC?

Do you put more than 30 charges per month on your ED card now?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

And what categories do you spend in and how much?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hitting the 30 charges bonus in almost every statement period (missed once I think). I put a lot of groceries and large charges (i.e. car rental, college book purchase) to the card. Usually I spend around $300 on the groceries and around $500 on dinning out.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm hitting the 30 charges bonus in almost every statement period (missed once I think). I put a lot of groceries and large charges (i.e. car rental, college book purchase) to the card. Usually I spend around $300 on the groceries and around $500 on dinning out.

Sounds like a change to the EDP would be worthwhile.  You're not going to get a ton more value from the EDP vs the ED with your spending habits but if you value MR points at 2.1 cents per point then you'll reap a little over $100 in value each year by switching after you deduct for the AF.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would app for it though to get the bonus if i were you providing one more HP and an AAoA ding won't hurt you too badly. if you've had the ED for under a year they won't PC you yet, though.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.