Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX EveryDay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX EveryDay

@corymcd88 wrote:

I just think that over four years and a higher CS, I would have gotten better CL and APR.

When I apped for the Sallie Mae I had to recon to get the card with a $2K limit. My TU score was 800, and I had over 5 years of perfect payment history with Barclays. There's a lot more to it than just score.

Message 11 of 17
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Yes, all the time.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

I just think that over four years and a higher CS, I would have gotten better CL and APR.

When I apped for the Sallie Mae I had to recon to get the card with a $2K limit. My TU score was 800, and I had over 5 years of perfect payment history with Barclays. There's a lot more to it than just score.

Why was Barclaycard reluctant to give you a new card?

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Too many new accounts.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Too many new accounts.

HI!  I'm always very curious when people say this.  Too many new accounts this week?  5 mos ago? 7 mos? 1yr?  2yrs? 

Between 6 and 7 mos ago, I got Chase Sap, RC, Venture, Amex ED and car lease.  I thought I would go on a CLI hunt mid December and an app spree (if appropriate) in Jan or Feb.  I'm always looking for data on when issuers consider you as a good, safe  bet to do business with.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

In this specific Barlcays case, it was six months. I assume that time frame would vary by CCC.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In this specific Barlcays case, it was six months. I assume that time frame would vary by CCC.

How many in 6 months?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.