cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Everyday Card VS Charge Card, Green?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Everyday Card VS Charge Card, Green?

Hi All,

I applied for the AMEX Everyday Card last thursday and got denied.  I called the recon line and my app was sent again hoping it gets approved this time.  Most likely i will not be getting the card.  My questions are:

1. How likely am I to get a charge card (i heard is easier). I pay in full every month

2. If i decide to go for it, how long should i wait? I want to get my cards out of the way so my HPs fall by 2017

Income = $61k

Credit Karma Scores = EQ708, TU693, EX708

CH7 d/c 10/2010

Inquiries = TU2 (2 credit cards from May2015 approved), EQ7, EX7

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Everyday Card VS Charge Card, Green?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

I applied for the AMEX Everyday Card last thursday and got denied.  I called the recon line and my app was sent again hoping it gets approved this time.  Most likely i will not be getting the card.  My questions are:

1. How likely am I to get a charge card (i heard is easier). I pay in full every month

2. If i decide to go for it, how long should i wait? I want to get my cards out of the way so my HPs fall by 2017

Income = $61k

CH7 d/c 10/2010

You really need to get your Fico Experian score to have some better idea about your chances.  Not sure where you are getting that EX score that you are posting because CK does not provide any Experian score..  Your biggest problem is the BK.  Typicalky Amex won't consider you until 5 years after discharge.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Income = $61k

CH7 d/c 10/2010

You really need to get your Fico Experian score to have some better idea about your chances.  Not sure where you are getting that EX score that you are posting because CK does not provide any Experian score..  Your biggest problem is the BK.  Typicalky Amex won't consider you until 5 years after discharge.

Irish80 - The EX score is just my vintage score that i paid for to get (which matches Credit Karma).

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Income = $61k

CH7 d/c 10/2010

Irish80 - The EX score is just my vintage score that i paid for to get (which matches Credit Karma).

Ok, but CK does not give a Vantage score for Experian, so no idea how they could 'match'.  Anyways, it's still important to know your Fico Experian score because that's all Amex uses.  What were the reasons for the denial for the ED card?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Income = $61k

CH7 d/c 10/2010

Ok, but CK does not give a Vantage score for Experian, so no idea how they could 'match'.  Anyways, it's still important to know your Fico Experian score because that's all Amex uses.  What were the reasons for the denial for the ED card?

Sorry for the confusion, i do not know the Fico score.  Reason for denial was CH7

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Income = $61k

CH7 d/c 10/2010

Sorry for the confusion, i do not know the Fico score.  Reason for denial was CH7

Then I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen if you apply for the Green or any of the other charge cards.  If I were you I'd wait until the end of the year after you pass the 5 year mark of your discharge.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Income = $61k

CH7 d/c 10/2010

Then I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen if you apply for the Green or any of the other charge cards.  If I were you I'd wait until the end of the year after you pass the 5 year mark of your discharge.

I just paid $1 for a 7 day trial on Equifax for credit report and my Fico score....Fico shows 647 with 12 inquiries:

7 inquires are from credit cards - falling off in 2017/May/June

2 inquiries from mortgage when i bought my house Jan2015 - Falling off in 2015/Sep & 2016/Dec

2 inquiries from tenant screening when i was renting - Falling off in 2015/Nov & 2015/Sep

1 Inquiry from San Diego County Credit Union - Added as authorized user for checkings/savings account - Falling off in 2015/Sep

So for EX, I have 4 falling off this year leaving me with 8.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Income = $61k

CH7 d/c 10/2010

I think with Amex you'll have to wait until 5 years to get anything if you've had a BK, as others have noted. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Income = $61k

CH7 d/c 10/2010

I just paid $1 for a 7 day trial on Equifax for credit report and my Fico score....Fico shows 647 with 12 inquiries:

2 inquiries from mortgage when i bought my house Jan2015 - Falling off in 2015/Sep & 2016/Dec

2 inquiries from tenant screening when i was renting - Falling off in 2015/Nov & 2015/Sep

1 Inquiry from San Diego County Credit Union - Added as authorized user for checkings/savings account - Falling off in 2015/Sep

You're confusing Equifax with Experian. EX is the abbreviation for Experian and EQ is the abbreviation for Equifax .  

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Income = $61k

CH7 d/c 10/2010

You're confusing Equifax with Experian. EX is the abbreviation for Experian and EQ is the abbreviation for Equifax .  

I only mention EX (Experian) on my last post.  Forget about my first post Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.