cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Everyday Card VS Charge Card, Green?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Everyday Card VS Charge Card, Green?

I agree with everybody else on needing five years after your BK... give it a try after that and I suspect you'll get some love.

For reference, in April I was able to get back in with Amex with a Green and a BCP.  I have two 6-year old CO's and 15 years ago I even had a Green card included in BK7.  My Experian score at the time of my approval was 695 (per the Amex letter that came with the BCP card).

You're wise to want to get "in" with Amex.  It was a huge regret of mine that I had to include them in my BK7, but there was no way around it at the time.  They were VERY good to me, and 'saved the day' in a very big way when I was in Britain in the mid-90s and my travel companion lost his wallet and all his money... and I was only 21 years old at the time and my account was only a few months old. I'm very thankful that after all these years they are giving me another chance.

Good luck! 

Message 11 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Everyday Card VS Charge Card, Green?

@Anonymous wrote:

How likely am I to get a charge card (i heard is easier). I pay in full every month

No idea.  Charge cards are generally easier to qualify for but that doesn't mean that everyone's credit qualifies for one.  Paying in full is a plus but does not determine that on its own.  Your entire credit profile matters.

@Anonymous wrote:

If i decide to go for it, how long should i wait?

It's not just a matter of time.  It's a matter of your credit.  I'd recommend waiting for the denial letter and using that as a starting point to address their concerns with your credit.  You really should be reviewing your own credit and addressing its issues.

@Anonymous wrote:
Reason for denial was CH7

@Anonymous wrote:

So for EX, I have 4 falling off this year leaving me with 8. 

As stated above you need the BK to fall off or taper sufficently.  8 is also probably a lot for your profile.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.