Valued Contributor
ryanbush

Re: AMEX ExpressPay No Longer Accepted

Does anyone know which AMEX cards have Express Pay?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Frequent Contributor
jake619

[ Edited ]

https://www295.americanexpress.com/cards/loyalty.do?page=expresspay.cards.faq#expresspaycardsbasics0...

which is odd because I believe there are others

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Contributor
westcoastpirate

chnceit wrote:

westcoastpirate wrote:
So I called AMEX and requested a BCE card with the Expresspay feature. They overnighted me the new card with Expresspay built in. I tried it twice last night, once at Walgreens and the other at McDonalds just for fun, and it didn't work at either place. Both locations had Expresspay terminals. Is there a way to see if the terminals are functioning?

Per AMEX CSR they have to activate the feature on your account. So give them a call.

Thanks!  Calling them now.

Contributor
westcoastpirate

I called CS, they activated the Expresspay feature. I'll try it when I get a chance.
Valued Contributor
creditnocash

nyancat wrote:

Any updates on this? Best Buy doesn't accept ANY contactless, but Home Depot I have no problems with Google Wallet working (had to fight to get a REFUND though)

i used my chase freedom with contactless at best buy the other day. 

and so you guys say zync came with contactless as well? hmmmm 

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Contributor
westcoastpirate

I don't think the card automatically comes with contactless, you have to request it.  If you call CS they will overnight you a new card with the contactless payment chip (called Expresspay).

Frequent Contributor
steve23111

westcoastpirate wrote:

I don't think the card automatically comes with contactless, you have to request it.  If you call CS they will overnight you a new card with the contactless payment chip (called Expresspay).

You are correct.

5/2002 - Chapter 7
7/2011 - Equifax FICO 693
5/2012 - Equifax FICO 812! In the "800 Club!"
2/2013 - Lender-pulled EQ FICO 821 (car loan)
7/2014 - Lender-pulled EQ FICO 832 (car loan)
Frequent Contributor
steve23111

Walt_K wrote:

Can anyone tell me why they like using this?  I don't find it more difficult to just swipe my card.  I also don't like the way it lists as ExpressPay on your statement, but I thought I remembered reading that they stopped doing that.  In any event, ExpressPay was neat for my two year old before he figured out how to swipe the card.  But that's about the only use I got out of it.

A few reasons:

1.  Relaxed ID verification at most merchants.  Many retailers ask for ID when the card is swiped (let's not even go there, please, y'all) while they do not when ExpressPay is used.  I don't know why.

2.  Fewer buttons to press.  Many credit card terminals are sluggish to respond.  For example, the ones at 7-Eleven take a while to transition from one screen to the next, and without having to do any sort of on-screen confirmation, the ExpressPay transactions are definitely quicker.

3.  The cool factor!

5/2002 - Chapter 7
7/2011 - Equifax FICO 693
5/2012 - Equifax FICO 812! In the "800 Club!"
2/2013 - Lender-pulled EQ FICO 821 (car loan)
7/2014 - Lender-pulled EQ FICO 832 (car loan)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}