Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ExpressPay No Longer Accepted

tag
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX ExpressPay No Longer Accepted

Does anyone know which AMEX cards have Express Pay?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 11 of 18
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Message 12 of 18
westcoastpirate
Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@westcoastpirate wrote:
So I called AMEX and requested a BCE card with the Expresspay feature. They overnighted me the new card with Expresspay built in. I tried it twice last night, once at Walgreens and the other at McDonalds just for fun, and it didn't work at either place. Both locations had Expresspay terminals. Is there a way to see if the terminals are functioning?

Per AMEX CSR they have to activate the feature on your account. So give them a call.

Thanks!  Calling them now.

Message 13 of 18
westcoastpirate
Contributor

I called CS, they activated the Expresspay feature. I'll try it when I get a chance.
Message 14 of 18
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

Any updates on this? Best Buy doesn't accept ANY contactless, but Home Depot I have no problems with Google Wallet working (had to fight to get a REFUND though)

i used my chase freedom with contactless at best buy the other day. 

and so you guys say zync came with contactless as well? hmmmm 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 15 of 18
westcoastpirate
Contributor

I don't think the card automatically comes with contactless, you have to request it.  If you call CS they will overnight you a new card with the contactless payment chip (called Expresspay).

Message 16 of 18
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@westcoastpirate wrote:

I don't think the card automatically comes with contactless, you have to request it.  If you call CS they will overnight you a new card with the contactless payment chip (called Expresspay).

You are correct.

Message 17 of 18
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

Can anyone tell me why they like using this?  I don't find it more difficult to just swipe my card.  I also don't like the way it lists as ExpressPay on your statement, but I thought I remembered reading that they stopped doing that.  In any event, ExpressPay was neat for my two year old before he figured out how to swipe the card.  But that's about the only use I got out of it.

A few reasons:

1.  Relaxed ID verification at most merchants.  Many retailers ask for ID when the card is swiped (let's not even go there, please, y'all) while they do not when ExpressPay is used.  I don't know why.

2.  Fewer buttons to press.  Many credit card terminals are sluggish to respond.  For example, the ones at 7-Eleven take a while to transition from one screen to the next, and without having to do any sort of on-screen confirmation, the ExpressPay transactions are definitely quicker.

3.  The cool factor!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.