Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX FR Curiosity

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX FR Curiosity

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive used the button twice this week without any issues. Both inquiries approved. The last one was a few hundred over the limit. Im sure amex knows people use it to test what they can spend even if they dont plan on spending that much. 

When I first got the clear card I put in a million. It declined and broke the button to where it always said declined. I called and told them I didnt plan on spending any more than my normal amount and it was fine after that. The funny thing was, they basically implied if I could prove I could afford to spend a million they would let me. Obviously I couldnt afford anything even close to that but that was the first glimpse of the spending potential an amex has. Even their regular cards seem to have high spend potential. 

Heh. People have charged much more than a million dollars on an amex. A chinese collector recently charged 36 million in one shot. He got 422 MR points. He had the centurion card though. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 111 of 114
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive used the button twice this week without any issues. Both inquiries approved. The last one was a few hundred over the limit. Im sure amex knows people use it to test what they can spend even if they dont plan on spending that much. 

When I first got the clear card I put in a million. It declined and broke the button to where it always said declined. I called and told them I didnt plan on spending any more than my normal amount and it was fine after that. The funny thing was, they basically implied if I could prove I could afford to spend a million they would let me. Obviously I couldnt afford anything even close to that but that was the first glimpse of the spending potential an amex has. Even their regular cards seem to have high spend potential. 

Heh. People have charged much more than a million dollars on an amex. A chinese collector recently charged 36 million in one shot. He got 422 MR points. He had the centurion card though. 

I believe he received 422K MR points. Was that what you meant?

Message 112 of 114
red259
Super Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No actually I meant 422 million MR points. The max per swipe is 12 million (hong kong dollars not sure the US exchange) so he had to swipe multiple times. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 113 of 114
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No actually I meant 422 million MR points.

There you go. That's the correct amount. Lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 114 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.