Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX FR Outcomes

tag
OneDay800
Valued Member

Re: AMEX FR Outcomes

I am hoping some people post their outcomes to see different reasons and results. Don't live in fear of being FR'ed.... Think of yourself more knowledgable than most thanks to this forum...there's tons of people that get this call and never even heard of this practice. Granted I did not think buying a new car would provoke one...but at the same time when I applied for Amex I knew about FRs...so I always had the thought in my head.
Message 11 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ive never really experienced any AA from any creditor, but the thought in general is intimidating lol...
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 17
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Type of AMEX: Blue Cash Everyday, Simply Cash Business card

Open:  Blue Cash Everyday - Seven months, Simply Cash - A few weeks

Cause:  Did not care to ask. I charged about 2000 dollars just before it happened so that may be it.

Information requested:  Last two years tax returns for business, didn't have them since business was just started in June. Last year's personal tax return was enough

How long did it take to complete: Almost 3 weeks

Outcome:  I got an email saying the cards were reinstated.

I didn't use the cards much so it did not matter, but the whole thing to me was just kind of sloppy. A week went by and I contacted them to find out what was going on. Turns out they were baffled why they got a personal return, instead of business, even though I already told them I did not have business returns. They didn't even think to ring and tell me. They also thought it appropriate to ring and leave messages at numbers I never authorised them to use. They got them from the credit report most likely, but I did not appreciate it at all. So the Simply Cash is sitting at the limit with a balance until the zero interest runs out, and the Blue Cash Everyday gets swiped for groceries only, and is also sitting with a balance until the zero percent runs out.

Message 13 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Maybe they fr'ed you bc you were carrying balances?! Seems like Amex hates people using their revolvers to "revolve" a balance... How stupid/contradictory, right?! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm not worried about an FR, they get PIF every month, and I charge about $1300 a month on it. No more.

My balances on other cards go up and down but they see a pattern of spending from me and i've always set up payment as soon as my statement closes.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 17
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Maybe they fr'ed you bc you were carrying balances?! Seems like Amex hates people using their revolvers to "revolve" a balance... How stupid/contradictory, right?! Lol

I wasn't carrying the balances until after the financial review. I realise now how silly it was to try and keep American Express happy to avoid getting the cards frozen. It is over now and am going to enjoy the zero percent for as long as it lasts. If they didn't want people to do it, they should not offer it.

Message 16 of 17
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

We had the Delta AmEx. I don't believe we had a FR when we got it, but a couple of months later I asked for a CLI because we had wedding expenses for our daughter, and I wanted the miles.

The card stayed live while we waited. I don't remember how long it took. I assumed the FR was because my husband and I were both self-employed...he's a real estate appraiser and I was a traveling nurse practitioner. It was approved and we got the CLI. (We always minimize income when we app for anything because we know creditors can get twitchy about self-employment. I never want to over-estimate..so things turned out fine.)

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.