Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX FR after having my Zync for 2 Weeks

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX FR after having my Zync for 2 Weeks

Like, say if you were getting alimony or child support and counted that income? How would AMEX deal with that..you don't get statements from the IRS regarding that income, do you?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 31 of 62
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

Like, say if you were getting alimony or child support and counted that income? How would AMEX deal with that..you don't get statements from the IRS regarding that income, do you?

Nope.  I forget if AMEX app has multiple places for income (primary and additional sources) or just one place.  If it has multiple places, there should be spot for things like alimony etc.  They will ask for proof of it (no idea how).  However the OP explanation for his additional sources of income is the problem.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 32 of 62
n777ua
Established Contributor

OP: Any update ? 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 33 of 62
sjt
Senior Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

Alimoney is taxable and should show on your tax returns. For child support, lenders may ask for the court agreement as proof.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 34 of 62
joeyh2007
New Contributor

Well here's the update:

I've been speaking to one of the company's vice presidents (I shouldn't say who right now). Aside from giving me his personal office number, he has been working with me as I have now showed him proof of me being a student in 2011 (graduated with honors in Dec 2011) and he looked at the documents submitted to the FR team (including bank statements) and explained that the number that I put down on my app is projected income. 

He actually listened to me and treated me with respect, unlike the members of the financial review team. I have nothing to hide here, and that's what I'm out to prove.

I'm expecting a phone call today at noon EST. We seemed to both agree that a 12 month hard limit would be acceptable in order to build a history. 

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex EP $1000, CSP: $12500, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $15000, First Financial Bank: $11500, Discover More: $12000, Barclays Apple Financing: $6600, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Message 35 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP thats good to hear. While reading this thread I was thinking "Are the people giving this guy advice on how to keep his account open crazy? Best to be safe and just pay the balance and close the account, it is not worth it to get the IRS attention over trying to keep a Zync card open", and before I saw your updated post I was going to post something like that as my advice.

Hope everything works out for you and good to see that so far it has.

Message 36 of 62
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

Alimoney is taxable and should show on your tax returns. For child support, lenders may ask for the court agreement as proof.

You could also verify child support with bank statements.  Unfortunately, these days, a court agreement doesn't always mean that you are getting the payments.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 37 of 62
joeyh2007
New Contributor

Account restored with a $1000 hard limit. 

Thank You Amex!

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex EP $1000, CSP: $12500, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $15000, First Financial Bank: $11500, Discover More: $12000, Barclays Apple Financing: $6600, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Message 38 of 62
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@joeyh2007 wrote:

Account restored with a $1000 hard limit. 

Thank You Amex!

Congrats Joey.  Glad it worked out.  As FYI, probably better for you to declare that income and be aggressive about your business expenses.  Works out to about the same thing with way less risk from IRS

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 39 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Joey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so glad to hear that everything worked out for the better for you. Dont worry that $1000 hard limit will go away in no time. woooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!! 

Enjoy your weekend--you officially survived an American Express FR welcome to the club!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 40 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.