Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX FR.....how long to complete?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX FR.....how long to complete?

@IWOL wrote:

Received a message today from Amex that my FR was complete and my charging privlages have been restored on my 5 Amex cards.

Took exactly 2 weeks form the date i submitted my 4506-T.

I'm glad everything worked out for you.Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

They claim it wasn't the mistaken identity but my brother and I have the same first and last name. After I got FR, they launched one on him for no reason! He had been using it for 6 months prior. Even our credit reports get mixed up. But to close the card ...that is unprofessional of them. Even after calling the executive number, no reversal was done. They've lost me as a customer for life.
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been carrying a balance on my Amex too since I opened the card last May. Not a peep, but they have been checking my info on the work number monthly. I'm PIF this weekend though.
Message 23 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:
They look at PayPal transactions closely? My DW sent her mom $8900 on PayPal because of a family emergency and Amex didn't stop the transactions or even call.. Given that this was a charge card and was 2 separate transactions, one of $4000 and one of $4900. It didn't trigger a FR. But it's possible I suppose.

Paypal gets alot of creditors attention more so Amex's.  If you want Amex to take a close look at you and get to know them well Paypal is the quickest way to do this typically..  I avoid Amex and Paypal where-as Cap1 and paypal I don't think twice with especially if it is sending money to say parents

For what it is worth I have used Amex for paypal payments of this size and larger without any problems. Also, I carried a balance on my EDP card for the 0% apr period (a few times I paid card off). Then again my balance was like 2k on a 16-17K card.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.