Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX FR - income related?

tag
GQ-007
Valued Member

Re: AMEX FR - income related?

I was subjected to a FR within a month after recieving my AMX Platinum. I had several AMX cards prior to getting the platinum and continue to maintain them. But I was surprised at the FR as was the CSR who was tasked with the review. We spoke briefly on the phone. He commented that he  was confused as to why I recieved the FR. After reviewing my account, he promptly cancelled it. And I never heard anything again. 

Message 21 of 28
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Sounds like you lucked out, GQ. I've never heard of anyone else here who had a FR canceled.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 22 of 28
dharalex
Established Contributor

+1

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 28
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Walt_K- it's true that 21 years ago I had a green card with Amex that in my young stupidity allowed to go delinquent (made good on it). You may have something there. I asked the FR rep why I was being FR'd and he just said that "a lot of new accounts go through this". I will be speaking with him on Monday and will really press him for answers about the process. I can't imagine anything that I could have done to instigate this having only had the card but a week. You may be right about my previous account being the catalyst. We will see.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the PR Gold, Blue Cash and the Blue Cash Preferred and I use every one of them at WalMart all the time, why would AmEx allow their cards to be accepted at places they DON'T want you to use them? That would make zero sense.

Just my opinion.

Message 25 of 28
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

+1

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the PR Gold, Blue Cash and the Blue Cash Preferred and I use every one of them at WalMart all the time, why would AmEx allow their cards to be accepted at places they DON'T want you to use them? That would make zero sense.

Just my opinion.

Not to mention Amex sells Walmart gift cards on their own site lol

Message 27 of 28
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Walt clarified that this was an erroneous assumption made by another poster. All's cool between Amex and Walmart. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.