Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX FR or 3X CLI Chances decreased?

tag
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

AMEX FR or 3X CLI Chances decreased?

AMEX gave me low 2K limit but My first payment just cut and it had a $1200 balance. Aso the card itself has $407 limit left since I've used it a lot for grocery shopping. Outstanding balance is $1592.

Should I stop using it? I don't want to trigger FR. Also wondering what is a good spot utilization wise to remain in so that I don't raise any flags ? I'm not sure they'll be so happy to see my CSP reporting tomorrow with $8000 credit used out of 10K (even though I'm going to pay it in full)

I usually pay once I receive the statement and always pay in full.

Also weird thing is AMEX hasn't soft pulled me even once after their initial approval which was hard inquiry for the application

And this decrease my chances of successfully getting 3x CLI on 61 days?
***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX FR or 3X CLI Chances decreased?

As long as you always PIF, I don't think you have to worry about a FR and usage and always PIF will only help your CLI chances.

Message 2 of 3
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX FR or 3X CLI Chances decreased?

@scientifics wrote:

As long as you always PIF, I don't think you have to worry about a FR and usage and always PIF will only help your CLI chances.

+1

The only reason they've even be remotely concerned is if all your purchases were for cash equivalents from dubious merchants.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.