Valued Contributor
Dustink

AMEX FR

Think I am going to trigger a FR?

I just got the AMEX HHonors card a few days ago and I am already over 50% utilization. Think this will trigger a FR? Or is this a okay way to show them my usual spending habits? Should I force a payment through from my bank since they will not allow a payment until the first statement posts?

Thanks for any help.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
sjt

Re: AMEX FR

You can call Amex and have them process the payment.

Valued Member
tacaza

Dustink wrote:

I just got the AMEX HHonors card a few days ago and I am already over 50% utilization. Think this will trigger a FR? Or is this a okay way to show them my usual spending habits? Should I force a payment through from my bank since they will not allow a payment until the first statement posts?

Thanks for any help.

That's a nice way to prove the income you put in the app was legit :smileytongue:. Did you try to make payment online? I had no issues making payments before 1st statement posted, but YMMV.

Frequent Contributor
scientifics

I don't think it really matters...as long as you are making personal charges and staying within your limit, Amex should be OK. They gave you the limit they did for a reason. It seems to me that people usually get hit with a FR when they pay multiple times during a cycle so they can run more than their limit through the card. Another big reason a FR gets triggered is if you use a personal card for business expenses.

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

I was able to make a payment before my first statement cut... I don't see why they wouldn't let you?.... Have you tried to? lol

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Almost no CCCs will allow you to "PULL" a payment through their site before the first statement, you can however push it through your bank.

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

well...

I actually did make a $50 to Amex BEFORE my first statement even cut.. it was on Friday night after 7pm, and it actually did post that night :-) They didn't even take it out til this morning. My statement did cut yesterday, and I got my first statement today though.. so it was very close.....

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

payment*

Valued Contributor
Dustink

tacaza wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Thanks for any help.

That's a nice way to prove the income you put in the app was legit :smileytongue:. Did you try to make payment online? I had no issues making payments before 1st statement posted, but YMMV.

I made a small payment already (even before I had the card). I was just testing the payment system. That went through. Now it won't let me make a payment on their site. I pushed one through from my bank account. I will see if that works.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Frequent Contributor
codimom

And there is your answer/reason.  Most people can make 1 payment on the site prior to the first statement cuts.  Happened to me too.  i made another payment through my bank and it was fine.  i can make muliple payments via the amex site now...

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}