Valued Contributor

AMEX FR

Think I am going to trigger a FR?

I just got the AMEX HHonors card a few days ago and I am already over 50% utilization. Think this will trigger a FR? Or is this a okay way to show them my usual spending habits? Should I force a payment through from my bank since they will not allow a payment until the first statement posts?

Thanks for any help.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX FR

You can call Amex and have them process the payment.

Valued Member

Dustink wrote:

I just got the AMEX HHonors card a few days ago and I am already over 50% utilization. Think this will trigger a FR? Or is this a okay way to show them my usual spending habits? Should I force a payment through from my bank since they will not allow a payment until the first statement posts?

Thanks for any help.

That's a nice way to prove the income you put in the app was legit :smileytongue:. Did you try to make payment online? I had no issues making payments before 1st statement posted, but YMMV.

Frequent Contributor

I don't think it really matters...as long as you are making personal charges and staying within your limit, Amex should be OK. They gave you the limit they did for a reason. It seems to me that people usually get hit with a FR when they pay multiple times during a cycle so they can run more than their limit through the card. Another big reason a FR gets triggered is if you use a personal card for business expenses.

Senior Contributor

I was able to make a payment before my first statement cut... I don't see why they wouldn't let you?.... Have you tried to? lol

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor

Almost no CCCs will allow you to "PULL" a payment through their site before the first statement, you can however push it through your bank.

;
Senior Contributor

well...

I actually did make a $50 to Amex BEFORE my first statement even cut.. it was on Friday night after 7pm, and it actually did post that night :-) They didn't even take it out til this morning. My statement did cut yesterday, and I got my first statement today though.. so it was very close.....

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor

payment*

Valued Contributor

tacaza wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Thanks for any help.

That's a nice way to prove the income you put in the app was legit :smileytongue:. Did you try to make payment online? I had no issues making payments before 1st statement posted, but YMMV.

I made a small payment already (even before I had the card). I was just testing the payment system. That went through. Now it won't let me make a payment on their site. I pushed one through from my bank account. I will see if that works.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Frequent Contributor

And there is your answer/reason.  Most people can make 1 payment on the site prior to the first statement cuts.  Happened to me too.  i made another payment through my bank and it was fine.  i can make muliple payments via the amex site now...

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.