Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Financial Review Triggers

tag
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Financial Review Triggers

You could go over this guy's head and contact the Amex EO.
Message 61 of 73
Poliscidoc

YMMV but I was an AU on my wifes Delta before I got mine and ran 27K through it before she spent a $1. AMEX was happy to take my money and she even got an auto CLI out of the deal 

BOA Cash Rewards $5,000 | Discover It $5,000 | Citi Simplicity $4,500 | Carnival Mastercard $4,500 | Amazon Store Card $4,000 | Delta Amex $12,000 | Chase Slate $3,000 | Dell Store Card $3,000 | Mens Warehouse Store Card $2,800 | Zales Store Card $1,800 | Apple Barclay Card $1,600 | Wells Fargo $1,300 | Cap One $1,250 | Walmart Discover $1,250 | JCP Platinum $3,100 | Chase Freedom $500
Credit Karma- 659 | Fico- 698 | Utilization- 30% |
Message 62 of 73
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Financial Review - Please help!

filing taxes and the time to actually get processed are two different things. i think he is unsure if the irs processed them... the op is stressed abd im guessing that is what hes referring to but i could be wrong

Message 63 of 73
shomethemiles
New Visitor

Re: AMEX Financial Review - Please help!

Thank you for all your responses. As an update, was able to now get a transcript for my 2013 return that I refiled on the 17th. So have requested IRS to mail me a copy, and hope that it gets to me before the 25th so that I can get it sent to Amex. Also, will ask Amex to try and get another transcript directly from the IRS (am guessing that since I am able to get a transcript, maybe they would as well)

As for my tax situation, I have been getting my taxes done at work through a colleague who is a CPA and does the taxes for several employees of the company. Never been problem the past 6 years. Guess he might have somehow missed to send mine in. The way I know that a return is filed is that (1) He gives me a hard copy of the return as it is filed, and (2) I typically wait for my refund. The past couple of years it has not been until the end of May that I get a refund (and I always overpay on taxes so always get a few hundred back). Was the same situation this year as well. So was meaning to follow up with IRS end of June, before this FR happened.

Thanks again for your replies. Will keep you posted.

Message 64 of 73
red259
Super Contributor

@pakman92 wrote:

You will also get asked to provide proof of income (via IRS form 4506-t) when you ask for CL greater than 25,000.   But, you don't have to say yes if do don't want the increase.

I'm at 17.1k right now would I be alright asking for an increase to 24.5? What is the total amount you can get across two revolvers? I was planning on getting a new amex revolver in jan and then trying to move my 17.1k over before closing out my current card. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 65 of 73
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@pakman92 wrote:

You will also get asked to provide proof of income (via IRS form 4506-t) when you ask for CL greater than 25,000.   But, you don't have to say yes if do don't want the increase.

I'm at 17.1k right now would I be alright asking for an increase to 24.5? What is the total amount you can get across two revolvers? I was planning on getting a new amex revolver in jan and then trying to move my 17.1k over before closing out my current card. 

By now there have been lots of counter examples to the > 25K -> 4506-T.    Several people went from below 25K to above 25K with no questions asked, and others have had to submit 4506-T at other levels.

It maybe the triggers are factors that DON'T include the amount you ask for, so if you are "at risk", asking for a 1K CLI will cause a 4506T just as much as requesting a $15K CLI

Message 66 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all...I would like to know anyone's experience with what events trigger a FR with AMEX. Please add to this list or correct the ones that are wrong:

1. Funding pre-paid cards.

2. Using through PayPal.

3. Sudden large changes in spending pattern.

4. Over utilization of "spending ability" button on website.

Thank you for all your help.

american express very generous. they gave me 2,000 then 90 days later i requested 6,000 and was approved instantly with no hard inquiry. then i made a paypal purchase using my gold card and they freezed both my blue cash and gold card requirung me send my tax returns for their financial review. so before they closed my accounts i closed it myself. now i wonder a year later if they'll do the same if i go apply for their new everday card and maybe the gold again but if they do FR again thats 2 wasted hard inquires that took me all this year to get rid of and will take me all next year again

Message 67 of 73
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all...I would like to know anyone's experience with what events trigger a FR with AMEX. Please add to this list or correct the ones that are wrong:

2. Using through PayPal.

american express very generous. they gave me 2,000 then 90 days later i requested 6,000 and was approved instantly with no hard inquiry. then i made a paypal purchase using my gold card and they freezed both my blue cash and gold card requirung me send my tax returns for their financial review. so before they closed my accounts i closed it myself. now i wonder a year later if they'll do the same if i go apply for their new everday card and maybe the gold again but if they do FR again thats 2 wasted hard inquires that took me all this year to get rid of and will take me all next year again

How much was your paypal purchase?

;
Message 68 of 73
red259
Super Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

2. Using through PayPal.

Really? Has anyone got Fr'd solely because they hit that button? That seems kinda a silly reason for them to FR. I've never had it happen by using the button, although I don't do it frequently.

;
Message 69 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

$4,500 with a $6,000 limit. As soon i saw both gold and blue frozen i paid immediately to show them i can pay and that didnt make any difference Smiley Mad  

Message 70 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.