AMEX Flagged for FR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Flagged for FR

imducky wrote:

Tovya wrote:
We bought a $1.5 million dollar crane with it just about a month ago,

now that's a no pre-set limit moment! just curious, how many points do you get for a 1.5 million dollar purchase?

oh, do they still double the manufacturers warranty for a crane as well?

Message Edited by imducky on 06-14-2008 09:24 PM

Probably about 1.5 million of them, I would guess! LOL

To put that in perspective, that'll get you 60 domestic roundtrip tickets!

Message Edited by cheddar on 06-14-2008 06:25 PM
Message 21 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know off hand, but I'll check on Monday when I get back to the office and check the statement.

The cool thing about the card (IMO) is mostly the prestige that comes with it... you know, the whole butt-kissing that goes along with it. Sales reps actually remember you when you come back into a store.

We also have always paid cash for everything in the past. When we poured a few acres of concrete on our property once, and we paid the concrete company $150,000.00 in cash... and it's a whole lot more convenient to rip out the Amex to do the same thing.
Message 22 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

imducky wrote:

Don't they limit the extended warranties to something like $10K per year?  Or am I making that up?

(Actually I don't think they limit the extended warranties you can get, but they do limit the amount you can claim in a year.)

Message 23 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

imducky wrote:

Don't they limit the extended warranties to something like $10K per year?  Or am I making that up?

(Actually I don't think they limit the extended warranties you can get, but they do limit the amount you can claim in a year.)

i'm sure it's capped, but if a knob falls off i guess it'd be covered.
Message 24 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tovya wrote:

We also have always paid cash for everything in the past. When we poured a few acres of concrete on our property once, and we paid the concrete company $150,000.00 in cash...

not a good idea to drag that much cash around for a whole lot of reasons. but hey, i don't have that kind of opputunity for concern so i can't list them.
Message 25 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be honest, I'm not an expert on it, but I'm sure my dad can tell me, so I'll ask him on Monday (as he uses it for more things than me anyway). I don't think we've ever really taken advantage of the cards "potential" really. It's more of a prestige thing (kind of like wearing the new Air Jordans when you were in high school). They may make you faster and jump higher than the other kids, but you are too busy showing them off to the other kids to actually take advantage of their potential ;-)
Message 26 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

We also have always paid cash for everything in the past. When we poured a few acres of concrete on our property once, and we paid the concrete company $150,000.00 in cash...

not a good idea to drag that much cash around for a whole lot of reasons. but hey, i don't have that kind of opputunity for concern so i can't list them.

We actually pull about that much out of the bank every day because of the business we are in (we pay out in mostly all cash) but it's a lot easier to be protected on a $150,000.00 purchase with an Amex than fifteen $10,000 strap of Benjamin Franklins.
Message 27 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

We actually pull about that much out of the bank every day because of the business we are in (we pay out in mostly all cash) but it's a lot easier to be protected on a $150,000.00 purchase with an Amex than fifteen $10,000 strap of Benjamin Franklins.

Yikes!  Yes, and easier to be protected on the way from the bank to the car, too!

Message 28 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tovya wrote:

i hope you travel the noah's ark method (in pairs) and carry, i would.
Message 29 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, actually, funny enough, our bank actually cut us off from large cash withdrawals today for the whole safety/liability issue as of today. We were our banks largest customer until they were bought out by compass bank, and their regulations apparently prohibit doing such large cash transactions unless we hire an armored car service.
Message 30 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.