cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Flagged for FR

Established Member

Re: AMEX Flagged for FR

That's what a charge card is for IMHO. But paying bills with a credit card can also be seen as a sign of financial trouble, so how do find out if everything is above board? A FR.
 
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Flagged for FR



imducky wrote:
 
you're fee is likely waived the first year. gold delta right? call and confirm, but i'm sure the gold delta is still fee free for the first year.


I thought that, too, until I noticed that the AF the OP mentioned was $55.
 
Delta Gold is $95.  The standard Amex Delta is $55, and that fee is not waived the first year.
 


Message Edited by cheddar on 06-17-2008 06:39 PM
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Flagged for FR



bugg03 wrote:
But paying bills with a credit card can also be seen as a sign of financial trouble



then why do cc's push extra points/cash back for using thier product to pay bills. also i can't begin to think about how many want me to turn them on auto pilot to pay cable, phone, utility bills.
 
why encourage a behaviour that will make the nervous?
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Flagged for FR



bugg03 wrote:
That's what a charge card is for IMHO. But paying bills with a credit card can also be seen as a sign of financial trouble, so how do find out if everything is above board? A FR.
 


I firmly believe that FR has nothing to do with whether you use your card to pay bills.  They actually encourage you to do so.

 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Flagged for FR



cheddar wrote:


imducky wrote:
 
you're fee is likely waived the first year. gold delta right? call and confirm, but i'm sure the gold delta is still fee free for the first year.


I thought that, too, until I noticed that the AF the OP mentioned was $55.
 
Delta Gold is $95.  The standard Amex Delta is $55, and that fee is not waived the first year.
 


Message Edited by cheddar on 06-17-2008 06:39 PM

i thought 55 was low, why i was asking if it was gold.
 
thanks
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Flagged for FR



bugg03 wrote:
That's what a charge card is for IMHO. But paying bills with a credit card can also be seen as a sign of financial trouble, so how do find out if everything is above board? A FR.



I PIF every month so the credit card is in effect a charge card. Credit cards purpose in this world is to revolve balances? News to me.
Established Member

Re: AMEX Flagged for FR

Cheddar, there is a certain class of credit that is encouraged to spend. This doesnt apply to everyone. There arent many reward starter cards, but maybe it's just a random FR.
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Flagged for FR



bugg03 wrote:
Cheddar, there is a certain class of credit that is encouraged to spend. This doesnt apply to everyone. There arent many reward starter cards, but maybe it's just a random FR.


Class of credit has nothing to do with it.  Amex Delta Skymiles cards are the easiest revolving Amex accounts to be approved for.  It is a "starter card" in that sense, and it does offer a pretty good rewards program.  As a matter of fact, they offer double Skymiles for using the card to pay your cell phone bill.
 
Why would they offer double miles for behavior they want to discourage, particularly among their customers with the least desirable credit profiles?
 


Message Edited by cheddar on 06-17-2008 06:50 PM
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Flagged for FR



cheddar wrote:








bugg03 wrote:

Cheddar, there is a certain class of credit that is encouraged to spend. This doesnt apply to everyone. There arent many reward starter cards, but maybe it's just a random FR.





Class of credit has nothing to do with it. Amex Delta Skymiles cards are the easiest revolving Amex accounts to be approved for. It is a "starter card" in that sense, and it does offer a pretty good rewards program. As a matter of fact, they offer double Skymiles for using the card to pay your cell phone bill.


Why would they offer double miles for behavior they want to discourage, particularly among their customers with the least desirable credit profiles?



Message Edited by cheddar on 06-17-2008 06:50 PM




I try and pay all of my utilities with my Chase Freedom card. Three percent cash back is every reason to use it instead of the checkbook.

I wish I could pay my mortgage with it!
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Flagged for FR

So....I have an annual fee of $55 the first year or not? Kind of conflicting opinions. I'll call them I guess.

Message Edited by Jubeyy on 06-17-2008 08:35 PM