Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Flagged for FR

tag
msheresy
Regular Contributor

AMEX Flagged for FR

So I just got my card in the mail on thursday and I have spent right @ $100. I try today to view my account and I see that it says it is suspended. I call and am notified that I am having a review done to verify income...blah blah blah. Heres the thing, I put that I made $32000 but I actually only make right @ $30000. Is this going to affect things? Will 2000 actually cause them to cancel my account? I'm really worried now because I was sooooo freaking happy that I got this card!
Message 1 of 96
95 REPLIES 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Flagged for FR

bear in mind even if you comply w/the request for docs they could still shut you down and you will have a big fat closed by grantor reporting.

at one time i would have complied, but now that i know they may still close the account and since they cut my limit i have a new view. i told the rep i will never ask for anything more out of them, i expect the same courtesy.
Message 2 of 96
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I wouldn't worry about it.  Honestly, if it were me and they gave me a FR,  I would flag them for being poop butts and close the account immediately.  That's some real crappy way to do business there.  Makes me want to close my account just hearing about that kind of B/S.  They gave you the card on your word, why has anything changed since then? 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 3 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

msheresy wrote:
So I just got my card in the mail on thursday and I have spent right @ $100. I try today to view my account and I see that it says it is suspended. I call and am notified that I am having a review done to verify income...blah blah blah. Heres the thing, I put that I made $32000 but I actually only make right @ $30000. Is this going to affect things? Will 2000 actually cause them to cancel my account? I'm really worried now because I was sooooo freaking happy that I got this card!

Multiply what you make per week by 52, and tell them that's how you came up with your number.  Should give you an extra little push.   30,000/12= 2,500  2,500/4= 625  625x52=32,500  I used to do that when I worked in auto finance.  You aren't lying, and it gives you just a bit more.  I doubt they will freak out over $2k anyway.

Message Edited by Carrot1 on 06-14-2008 04:18 PM
Message 4 of 96
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@msheresy wrote:
@Anonymous I just got my card in the mail on thursday and I have spent right @ $100. I try today to view my account and I see that it says it is suspended. I call and am notified that I am having a review done to verify income...blah blah blah. Heres the thing, I put that I made $32000 but I actually only make right @ $30000. Is this going to affect things? Will 2000 actually cause them to cancel my account? I'm really worried now because I was sooooo freaking happy that I got this card!

I would close the card. No guarantee they won't do this in the future again. The 2K isn't the issue. I mean for Pete's sake you just got the card.
Message 5 of 96
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I got my Amex right after I received a big promotion at work. I put that I made $62,000 on the application, which wasn't a lie at all. However, in 2008 they pulled my taxes from 2006 which listed $46,000.

They had no issues and unlocked my account. You should be fine.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 96
msheresy
Regular Contributor

This is so upsetting. I have been working diligently on my credit, spending hours a day on this forum reading all the great advice and now I dont know what to do. I really DO NOT was a closed by credit grantor but i just got the darn card! I've only been at my job for a year and a half and prior to that I was on unemployment for like 3 mths and then I made even less before that because I was in college. So my 06 returns are even less than my 07 returns.....what to do....what to do. :-(
Message 7 of 96
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@msheresy wrote:
This is so upsetting. I have been working diligently on my credit, spending hours a day on this forum reading all the great advice and now I dont know what to do. I really DO NOT was a closed by credit grantor but i just got the darn card! I've only been at my job for a year and a half and prior to that I was on unemployment for like 3 mths and then I made even less before that because I was in college. So my 06 returns are even less than my 07 returns.....what to do....what to do. :-(

If you sign the form and return it to them they take care of everything. It's actually quite painless.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 96
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

I don't know if you have forgotten to include something in this post..

You got an Amex, you charge $100 on it, and FR?

What about your other cards, did you open any new ones? Did you have new lates reporting, any changes at all on your CR after getting an AMex?

They soft your CR EVERY 10-15 days when you're new and heck I have had it for 2 yrs and see 2 softs every month from them lol So any and ALL changes to your CR will set them off.. they also utilize "universal debt" and take adverse action..

So what has changed on your CR that you arent disclosing here?
Message 9 of 96
msheresy
Regular Contributor

No new lates. 1 new inquiry from Macys which resulted in a new account but that isnt posting to my crs. I only got the macys to improve my credit mix. Other than that, I have 2 other cards both are relatively new but I had them before I was approved for the AMEX. I also have a good amount of inquiries but they were also before I was approved. With my two other cards, I have always paid on time and I currently have a 50 balance on both. One has a cl of 500 the other has a cl of 600.
Message 10 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.