Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX GOLD, GREEN, and ZYNC

tag
ajh5408
Contributor

Re: AMEX GOLD, GREEN, and ZYNC

@espnjunkie wrote:

I'd go for the green. The gold is not much of an upgrade really and costs 30 bucks more per year.

Unless you plan to transfer your MR points to another FF program, you might as well go for the Zync (MRE points) and save yourself the extra $70/year.

Message 11 of 15
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

I'd go for the green. The gold is not much of an upgrade really and costs 30 bucks more per year.

I made that same decision this morning. Apparently, it's just access to gold member events, early access to some tickets, etc.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 12 of 15
logan_720
Established Contributor

@Scene wrote:

Just go for the Gold if you like rewards but if you just want a credit card then go for the Zync.

Zync is not a credit card....its a charge card as well.

Message 13 of 15
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Exactly, and I would much rather be earning full MR points that I can transfer to FF program(s) in the future. The first years AF is waived as well. In my opinion the regular amex gold card is pretty pointless. I can understand the motivation to get the zync because it is cheapest, the green because it gives full MR points with a 95.00 AF, the pr gold if you spend alot on travel/groceries/gas, and the platinum if you want all the benefits rolled into one. The gold is awkwardly there in the middle of it all and gives no point boost over the green. Down the line I might go platinum, but cannot justofy the AF right now

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 14 of 15
Simplyjays
New Contributor

una bania bien i went with green!

Inquires= 0 as of 3/20/2013 till 4/1/2014
-Amex green NPSL -Discover it 1k -Capital One 1.25k -Walmart 700.00
-JDCU 500.00 -Credit one bank 400.00 (credit builder card =) -Babys R-us 200.00? =(
TU=649
EQ=632 as of 3/20/2013
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.