Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Contributor

Re: AMEX GOLD, GREEN, and ZYNC

espnjunkie wrote:

I'd go for the green. The gold is not much of an upgrade really and costs 30 bucks more per year.

Unless you plan to transfer your MR points to another FF program, you might as well go for the Zync (MRE points) and save yourself the extra $70/year.

.ılılıll | CK/TU FAKO [770] // CS/EX FAKO [789] // QZ/EX FAKO [724] // EX FICO [763] | llılılı.
Chase Hyatt [$9K] // AMEX SimplyCash [$8K] // Chase Freedom [$7K] // PenFed Platinum Rewards [$6.5K] // AMEX Clear [$6K] //
Citi Forward [$6K] // BoA Privileges Cash [$5K] // Discover it [$3.5K] // Citi ThankYou Preferred [$2.2K] //
Frequent Contributor

espnjunkie wrote:

I'd go for the green. The gold is not much of an upgrade really and costs 30 bucks more per year.

I made that same decision this morning. Apparently, it's just access to gold member events, early access to some tickets, etc.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), American Express Blue Cash Preferred (18k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (14k), Discover More (10k)
Established Contributor

Scene wrote:

Just go for the Gold if you like rewards but if you just want a credit card then go for the Zync.

Zync is not a credit card....its a charge card as well.

Established Contributor

Exactly, and I would much rather be earning full MR points that I can transfer to FF program(s) in the future. The first years AF is waived as well. In my opinion the regular amex gold card is pretty pointless. I can understand the motivation to get the zync because it is cheapest, the green because it gives full MR points with a 95.00 AF, the pr gold if you spend alot on travel/groceries/gas, and the platinum if you want all the benefits rolled into one. The gold is awkwardly there in the middle of it all and gives no point boost over the green. Down the line I might go platinum, but cannot justofy the AF right now

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Highlighted
New Contributor

una bania bien i went with green!

Inquires= 0 as of 3/20/2013 till 4/1/2014
-Amex green NPSL -Discover it 1k -Capital One 1.25k -Walmart 700.00
-JDCU 500.00 -Credit one bank 400.00 (credit builder card =) -Babys R-us 200.00? =(
TU=649
EQ=632 as of 3/20/2013
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.