Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX GOLD, GREEN, and ZYNC

tag
ElMayimbe
Contributor

AMEX GOLD, GREEN, and ZYNC

Guys. Pre-Selected? I was shot down for CHASE freedom last month because of a few 30 day late reported 11, 12, 13, 14 months ago. Lender pull 701 EQ, my TU is 688. I wasn't considering a charge card but I do pay off in full every month, would LOVE an AMEX card. What do you guys think?

Secure Application Process

CONGRATULATIONS, MICHAEL. YOU'RE PRE-SELECTED FOR THE FOLLOWING CARDS:

American Express®Gold Card

American Express®Green Card

ZYNC from American Express®

New Offer

New Offer

New Offer

Overview
BofA Amex $7500| Discover IT- $10K| Chase Sapphire Preferred $10k | Cap One $2000| Citi Hilton Reserve $10k
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX GOLD, GREEN, and ZYNC

Hi ElMayimbe,

I think you should apply for whatever fits you in these 3 categories. Charge cards from AMEX are easier to get than their credit cards because they have to be paid in full.

PS: You should edit your post and take your name out... I dont think you're allowed full names in the forums due to it being personally identifiable information... but I could be wrong!

Message 2 of 15
ElMayimbe
Contributor

Thanks Credit_Repair. I'm worried though on another HP w/denial not sure if I should just wait more allowing more time to pass on the lates? I've heard charge cards are easier but I would hate to be turned down again.

BofA Amex $7500| Discover IT- $10K| Chase Sapphire Preferred $10k | Cap One $2000| Citi Hilton Reserve $10k
Message 3 of 15
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

AMEX almost always pulls Experian for charge cards ~ are the lates on your EX file identical to what you reported ?   You might need to wait a few more months for the lates to age since they are just under a year old.    

Have you tried sending a GW letter to the creditor asking them them to remove the late payments ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 15
ElMayimbe
Contributor

Now that you mention it, my EX shows just one late in May 2011over my TU and EQ which show several lates most recently 11 months ago. Long story short, I got nowhere with Santander and the lates.

Message 5 of 15
Scene
Regular Contributor

Just go for the Gold if you like rewards but if you just want a credit card then go for the Zync.

Message 6 of 15
FrugalRican
Blogger

@pizzadude wrote:

You might need to wait a few more months for the lates to age since they are just under a year old.    

I agree with this statement.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 7 of 15
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@ElMayimbe wrote:

Now that you mention it, my EX shows just one late in May 2011over my TU and EQ which show several lates most recently 11 months ago. Long story short, I got nowhere with Santander and the lates.

I just applied for AMEX today. They pulled EX.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 8 of 15
ElMayimbe
Contributor

I'll get some itch-B-gone and wait. I would hate to burn an INQ, let me ask you guys this though, How long is enough to app again for a credit card i.e- freedom, sapphire, amex, etc.?

Message 9 of 15
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

I'd go for the green. The gold is not much of an upgrade really and costs 30 bucks more per year.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.