Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold/Plat/DeltaG etc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Gold/Plat/DeltaG etc

I'm a credit newbie so most of my cards have extremely low AF and pretty bad benefits. I'm also a college student so paying high AF on a card doesn't make sense to me right now.

The thing is the more I read these forums, the more I hear of college students like myself holding AMEX Gold or Platinum, both which carry extremely high annual fees. I'm just wondering, why? Is the benefit from Zync to Gold that big of a difference for a college student to invest in?

This isn't meant to be an attack. I'm just trying to go for my first AMEX and originally I was set on the ZYNC but now I'm thinking about the Delta Gold. But I can't seem to justify the AF. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Gold/Plat/DeltaG etc

The only time an AF is justified is if you can make the card pay for itself. (With the exception of secured cards when they're needed) im a college student and i wouldnt ever bother to go above the zync card because i just dont spend enoigh to justify it. If i was paying my tuition through a CC, maybe, but otherwise id never make my money back. The platinum card is pretty hard to qualify for with thr limited history a college stusrnt would have ,even the gold card seems out of reach for most college students  i know its certainly out of reach for me  lol

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.