Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold/Platinum Charge vs Blue Cash

tag
BlueHusky
Contributor

AMEX Gold/Platinum Charge vs Blue Cash

Just wondering - what are the advantages of AMEX Gold/Platinum charge cards vs the Blue Cash cards. Since the charge cards charge a fee, I assume they have better rewards and stuff? Examples please?

Thanks!

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Gold/Platinum Charge vs Blue Cash

@BlueHusky wrote:

Just wondering - what are the advantages of AMEX Gold/Platinum charge cards vs the Blue Cash cards. Since the charge cards charge a fee, I assume they have better rewards and stuff? Examples please?

Thanks!

I think it's really an apples/oranges comparison, since the charge cards give your MR points, whereas the BCE/BCP are cash~back cards.     The PR Gold can quickly boost your rewards for travel expenses, and the Plat comes with travel perks like upgrades, lounge access, concierge services, etc.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@BlueHusky wrote:

Thanks!

Charge vs. Revolvers.

amexbcp.PNG

Both are better options than the Blue Cash

amexblue.PNG

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@BlueHusky wrote:

Thanks!

Charge vs. Revolvers.

amexbcp.PNG

Both are better options than the Blue Cash

amexblue.PNG

Lol

There completely different. Plat gets lounge access, $200 airline credit, priority pass, the list goes on and on.

Theres 2 types of gold; regular and PR. PR is the best MR earner and has several bonuses.

Blue cash is a credit card with a limit that gets factored in to uti. It earns cash back over MR points.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.