Contributor
BlueHusky

AMEX Gold/Platinum Charge vs Blue Cash

Just wondering - what are the advantages of AMEX Gold/Platinum charge cards vs the Blue Cash cards. Since the charge cards charge a fee, I assume they have better rewards and stuff? Examples please?

Thanks!

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
pizzadude

Re: AMEX Gold/Platinum Charge vs Blue Cash

BlueHusky wrote:

Just wondering - what are the advantages of AMEX Gold/Platinum charge cards vs the Blue Cash cards. Since the charge cards charge a fee, I assume they have better rewards and stuff? Examples please?

Thanks!

I think it's really an apples/oranges comparison, since the charge cards give your MR points, whereas the BCE/BCP are cash~back cards.     The PR Gold can quickly boost your rewards for travel expenses, and the Plat comes with travel perks like upgrades, lounge access, concierge services, etc.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Mega Contributor
LS2982

BlueHusky wrote:

Thanks!

Charge vs. Revolvers.

amexbcp.PNG

Both are better options than the Blue Cash

amexblue.PNG

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
TannerK

LS2982 wrote:

BlueHusky wrote:

Thanks!

Charge vs. Revolvers.

amexbcp.PNG

Both are better options than the Blue Cash

amexblue.PNG

Lol

There completely different. Plat gets lounge access, $200 airline credit, priority pass, the list goes on and on.

Theres 2 types of gold; regular and PR. PR is the best MR earner and has several bonuses.

Blue cash is a credit card with a limit that gets factored in to uti. It earns cash back over MR points.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+