Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold Rewards APPROVED.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Gold Rewards APPROVED.

I decide to pull the trigger.... figured hell everyone else is getting an American Express card why not me. I went through the pre-selected app and the Gold,Green and Hilton were pre-selected for me so I went with the Gold Rewards and received the 60 second instant approval. 

I didn't think my scores were high enough but based on some commentary in this forum it looks like American Express uses it's own scoring, but still happy nonetheless.

Fico scores are TU 651, EQ 669 and EX I'm not sure because they don't offer it on myfico.

AAoA is 1 year and I make 19,000 a year ,no late payments ever and nothing derogatory. Reports are clean

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Gold Rewards APPROVED.

Congrats 5thWheel,

What was your longest account's age?  Do you have any installment loan?  How many credit card and how many inquiries?

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't there an annual fee for that card?

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Isn't there an annual fee for that card?

Yes

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My longest account age is 17 years which was an old department store card I had back in the day. And I have an installment loan reporting for 4k that's paid off, as for cards I have 4 open accounts and 3 closed accounts and six inquires from early 2009 on my EX report.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Free for the first year....$125 thereafter, I'll probably end up doing a product change at some point before the year is up. Maybe Amex blue cash but we'll see.Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 19
8benji
Valued Member

Congrats on your AmEx Gold Rewards Card!!

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 19
tray
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your new card, although you will not be able to do a product change with this card, if you want a no annual fee card you have to do another app another inquiry with Amex.  I have the premier gold card and I want the blue card but holding off because of having to do another app.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 19
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Don't put to much on the card otherwise they'll chase you with their famous AMEX credit review.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.