Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold or Plat?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP!! AMEX GOLD OR PLAT?

@JamesKnox wrote:

HAHA Dustin! I wonder if that because you have 60-70k in combined CL's right now!! Smiley Mad

Nope, same policy applied a year or so ago when I was in your position.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 31 of 36
JamesKnox
Regular Contributor

Wait....Dustin...you're 21???

Starting Score: (FICO)(August 29, 2013) 502(EQ) 568(EX) 549(TU)
Current Score: (FICO) (January 28, 2017) 712(EQ) 720(EX) 720(TU)
Goal Score: 720(EQ) 720(EX) 720(TU)

Amex Business Platinum NPSL | Chase Sapphire Preferred $15,000 | Chase Freedom $9000 | Amex ED $1,000 | BofACash Rewards $3100 | Amazon Store Card $4000
Message 32 of 36
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@JamesKnox wrote:

PM sent

And yes, almost 22 now though.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 33 of 36
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@JamesKnox wrote:

PM sent

Happy early B-day, @Dustink!

Message 34 of 36
dxz7
Established Member

Re: AMEX Gold or Plat?

@JamesKnox wrote:

Hey family!

I have a QUICK question. 

I will soon be applying for an Amex Charge Card and I was initially under the impression that I needed to start with the Green but after much review,I have learned that the underwriting for the charge cards are all pretty much the same so instead of the Green, I have decided to apply for PR Gold card. However, now I am looking into the Platinum card since all the charge cards have similar underwiritng and I am trying to figure out if I should just go ahead and apply for Platinum or just stick with Gold. 

I have done some research and I really don't see any perks that I personally would enjoy with the Platinum card except the airport lounge access. All the other perks seem as if they are perks of the Gold card as well. So my question for those of you who have chosen the Gold over the Platinum is why did you do it and for those who now have Platinum instead of Gold -- why did you do that and now that you have Platinum, do you really enjoy the perks or is it more of a status symbol for you?

If you don't travel alot, I dont think it is worth it for you to get the Platinum card since all the benefits are for airlines and airport lounges and plus no foreigh transaction fee. I think the PRG has better points gaining than the platinum anyways with a lower annual fee. I would get the PRG if I didn't have the CSP.

Bofa Privileges with Cash Rewards Visa Signature -11k / Chase Sapphire Preferred - 10k / Chase Freedom - 7k / Hyatt Visa - 5k
Bofa Travel Rewards Card Visa Signature - 7.5k / American Express True Earnings - 5k / Barclay Arrival WorldMaster card - 5k
Message 35 of 36
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@JamesKnox wrote:

PM sent

Happy early B-day, @Dustink!

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.