Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold vs. Zync / JetBlue benefits

tag
hyprble
Regular Contributor

AMEX Gold vs. Zync / JetBlue benefits

Hello,

I'm thinking of getting an AMEX Gold in the future (if they have any great signup bonus deals), but I'm debating if the benefits are worth it.  Right now I have a JetBlue AMEX that I've pif'd for the last year or so.  The benefits I appreciate having with the AMEX are the extended warranty, roadside assistance, and early access to events.  I did notice the Gold card offers "AMEX Preferred Seating" and the "return if you change your mind" benefit (which I believe is an extra $49 if I want it on my JetBlue).

So the major differences I noticed between my JetBlue card and a Gold card (aside from the different rewards) would be the AMEX Preferred Seating and Early Access benefits.  I noticed the Zync doesn't necessarily have all the preferred seating the Gold card has (I really did consider the Zync).  Has anyone taken advantage of these benefits and did they find them worth it?  I live in a major entertainment city, so I think it could be useful in getting tougher tickets, but I'm not 100% sure.  I did use my JetBlue card for early access to one concert, but didn't get the "preferred seating" that was reserved for Gold and up.

I run about $1000/month through my cards that I pif so I definitely wouldn't be pulling through enough $$ to make a Premier Rewards Gold worth it - but how about the Gold?

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.