Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green App. 12-24

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATE Re: AMEX Green App. 12-24

Wow awesome.

I would call them and have the date on your card updated as well.

You have been a member longer than I have been alive Smiley Happy

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 19
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Update:

So I burned Amex about over 9 years ago and they remember it. They never reported it thogh. Well, just last week I got a soft offer from First National Bank of Omaha for American Express credit card. I did accept and right next day got approval. I didn't think I would be until I get even with Amex first. I just don't know how everything works. I have waited for a while to get an amex card directly with Amex and have always known and heard that I can never get an amex until i clear up with them and then wait for at least 6 months. But just last week, all what I have heard and known before seemed to have proven otherwise.

Either ways, congrats to me for a decent apr (under 15%) and a decent beginning line ($6000). 

I wanted to share this coz I feel like a happy camper...any question? Please feel free to ask.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 12 of 19
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

Update:

So I burned Amex about over 9 years ago and they remember it. They never reported it thogh. Well, just last week I got a soft offer from First National Bank of Omaha for American Express credit card. I did accept and right next day got approval. I didn't think I would be until I get even with Amex first. I just don't know how everything works. I have waited for a while to get an amex card directly with Amex and have always known and heard that I can never get an amex until i clear up with them and then wait for at least 6 months. But just last week, all what I have heard and known before seemed to have proven otherwise.

Either ways, congrats to me for a decent apr (under 15%) and a decent beginning line ($6000). 

I wanted to share this coz I feel like a happy camper...any question? Please feel free to ask.

FNBO isn't affiliated with AMEX, so they have no way of knowing you burnt them in the past.  Amex is only the network on the FNBO card.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 13 of 19
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Both fortunately and unfortunately you did get a AMEX branded card, but you did not get an card issued directly from American Express.

It will have no effect with Amex directly.  And that of course means no backdate advantage.

On a side note I just applied and got approved for the AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass.  I should be backdated for that card too.  We will see when the card comes what it says.

But an approval is an approval and another trade line treated well will grow with you.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 14 of 19
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Bay_Area_Joe,

Congrats on AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass approval! 

I am getting back with amex, did have a nice conversation about intentions with one of the reps.

The only account I had with amex was in 2003.

Did you get your Green Amex card corrected for member since date? I am asking this since you said earlier that your Amex GC said 2013 instead of the backdate.

Also how about the new one one: AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass? Does this one say member since 2013 or before as you wished?

Congrats again!

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 15 of 19
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Thank you,

I never got the green card changed on the member date.  My new Hilton Honors card showed up Saturday and it proudly says 91 on the member date.

Keep working on Amex and it can happen.

Amex is on my list, a new Amex card every 9 to 12 months, maybe 12-18 months is better. I have a lot of credit now.

CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 16 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

That's some nice backdating!  App for another Amex in Jan. for maximum effect on your AAOA.

Message 17 of 19
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Question to everybody...is backdating an issue? I would assume they will back date your membership automatically...if you were member 10 years ago and not for the past 8 years and a member again now...you won't be a new member will you? I have started my effort to get even with amex and wondering if I should put an extra effort to push my wish to be back dated. Thoughts?

Message 18 of 19
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

My general opinion is to get back in with Amex if you can.  Get any card issued by them.  Wait until you get the card and set up online access, then you can see what the system says.

I never asked about my membership date, or backdating, or anything of the sort.  It just showed up online.

Then if it does not show up online, wait a month or so, then start asking about why your membership date does not reflect the real member date, and be ready to prove it that you were a card member back on the date you claim.

Again, I was lucky it just showed up correct.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.