Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green Approved !!! Quick Question

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Green Approved !!! Quick Question

Well, usually. I thought I wrote YMMV. Sorry i left that off.

Usually they only pull multiple CRAs when your app is borderline (even for a single app in 1 day), which it sounds like in both of your cases (unfortunate denial and $1k CL). And usually you can do multiple apps on the same day with a single HP. But, yes as always, YMMV.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 21 of 27
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Usually they only pull multiple CRAs when your app is borderline (even for a single app in 1 day), which it sounds like in both of your cases (unfortunate denial and $1k CL). And usually you can do multiple apps on the same day with a single HP. But, yes as always, YMMV.

Yeah i know you were just saying in general, i waas just throwing out my experiences so you guys would know

btw I have a bichon too... great dogs

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 22 of 27
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on both cards, and welcome to the Amex family! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 23 of 27
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Yeah i know you were just saying in general, i waas just throwing out my experiences so you guys would know

btw I have a bichon too... great dogs

The best! And I'm in no way biased. Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 24 of 27
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Congrat............

It's seem stupid but what seem so good about amex SPG ?

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 25 of 27
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 26 of 27
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

Congrat............

It's seem stupid but what seem so good about amex SPG ?

As with anything, different products will suit different people depending on your needs.  I have the SPG card and like it alot.  The points are flexible because they transfer to most airline at 1:1 ratio, and if you redeem 20K at a time, they tack on an additional 5K bonus, so effectively you get 1.25 miles/dollar on all spend.  How much you value an airline mile is somewhat subjective and depends on whether you redeem for coach fares or international premium cabins.

The hotel redemptions provide great value as well.  Especially if cash and points awards are available.  We just redeemed points for an upcoming trip to Europe.  3 nights at Le Meriden Piccadilly and 5 nights at Westin Paris Vendome.  Unfortunately there were no cash and points options, so we had to spend a lot of points (though we'll be checking back periodically to see if anything opens up).  In any event, the rooms are going for $600+/night for our travel dates.  While I wouldn't have spent that much money if I was going to be paying out of pocket, using points gives us a richer experience. 

I also get value out of the 2 stay/5 night credit toward elite status as this year it will help me hit Platinum. 

I definitely think I'm getting more than $65/year worth of value out of this card.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.