Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green Card Reporting

tag
heirophant
Established Contributor

AMEX Green Card Reporting

I thought it was supposed to list the account type as "other" so it doesn't affect my utilization.  Is this reporting right?

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Green Card Reporting

EX will report charge cards as credit card, terms 1 month. This is correct so your Green card is not factoring in util. The EQ is wrong, it's suppose to report as other open account, not a CC. No info on TU. Have you checked your FICO reports to make sure it's reporting properly on all three?

The correct way for Amex cards to report:

EQ: other account, does not factor in util calculations
EX:  credit card terms 1 month, does not factor in util calculations
TU:  other open account, scores taken from this site are using the TU 98 scoring model so Amex charge cards still do factor in util. The newest TU 04 scoring model (a good number of lenders are using this) will not factor Amex cards in util.

Message 2 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

fused, can you take a quick look at these? I've c/p'd my Gold card as it appears on TrueCredit and on the full reports from EX, TU, and EQ. We know that TC and other monitoring services (including myFICO) don't necessarily display things correctly, but do any of the full reports show it right besides Experian? Thanks for any untangling.

I was also a bit perturbed that AmEx isn't displaying my intracycle balances as "highest balance," only the one time it reported a balance. I can assure you that I've had way higher balances than $61! Do your reports show only highest reported balance?

from full EQ report:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By hauling

from full TU report:

By hauling

from full EX report:

By hauling

from TrueCredit:

By hauling
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

From what I see, EX has it right on your scanned photos. Does FICO report your Gold accurately? I just checked mine and TU has it wrong with my Amex Plat...it reports as a credit card. EQ reports it as just an open account instead of other. EX as usual, has it right. All three report my largest past balance...just like a highest limit.

AFAIK, this is the way they are suppose to report:

EQ and TU: other account and report the largest past balance
EX: credit card, terms 1 month and report the largest past balance
Message 4 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

As I've always been suspicious that it would report wrong, I've never allowed a real balance to report. The $61 snuck in at the last minute. I sort of wouldn't mind experimenting, but for the nearly two-month long period of cold feet and waiting for a $0 to report again, due to the way that AmEx updates.

I don't ever expect oddities like this to display correctly on secondary reports like TC and myFICO, but here it is:

myFICO EQ:

Credit Card Amex
Status as of [?] Jun, 2008
Date opened [?] Mar, 2008
Date of last activity [?] Jun, 2008
Date closed [?] Not Reported
Account number [?] Not Reported
Loan type [?] Not Reported
Largest past balance [?] $61
Terms [?] Not Reported
Account Type [?] Open Account
Account holder [?] Individual
Scheduled payment amount [?] $0
Descriptions [?]

* Credit Card

myFICO TU:

Credit Card American Express
Date of last activity [?] May, 2008
Date paid out [?] Not Reported
Account number [?] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Loan type [?] Credit Card
Credit limit [?] Not Reported
Terms [?] Not Reported
Account Type [?] Open Account
Account holder [?] Individual Account
Scheduled payment amount [?] Not Reported
Descriptions [?]
None on Record

myFICO EX:

Amex
Date of last activity [?] Jun, 2008
Date of last payment [?] May, 2008
Account number [?] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Loan type [?] Credit Card, Terms REV
Credit limit [?] Not Reported
Terms [?] 1 Month
Account Type [?] Revolving
Account holder [?] Individual
Scheduled payment amount [?]
Descriptions [?]
None on Record
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Green only shows "highest Statement balance" in the Highest balance on all 3 CRA's.
Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

My Green only shows "highest Statement balance" in the Highest balance on all 3 CRA's.

Useful to know, thanks!

If I could get these things coded correctly, I'd let one of my $2K balances post, but not until I know that EX and EQ, at least, won't be factored into my util.
Message 7 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:

If I could get these things coded correctly, I'd let one of my $2K balances post, but not until I know that EX and EQ, at least, won't be factored into my util.

My Amex card does not factor in revolv cal with EX and EQ, even if it's reporting funny kine.
Message 8 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hmmm, maybe once all my new accounts hit birthdays and my scores settle down, I'll let something big report. And then spend the next one month and 4 weeks regretting it, probably!

Thanks for looking at all that. After I stare at it for a while, I just want to go take a nap.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.