Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green card APPROVED!!!!!!

tag
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

AMEX Green card APPROVED!!!!!!

I just applied over the phone and was accepted for the AMEX Green Card!!!!! I only had a Capital One Card with a 750.00 limit for 5 1/2 months before this! My gardening paid off =)

Should I go ahead and apply for Citi Forward while I am at it? Or sit back and consider myself freaking lucky? Hahaha

I'm hrilled to join the AMEX family! I would like to thank everyone on this board for all the help and advice I have received since August. This is a great forum that has helped me go from nothing to AMEX approved in 6 months.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Green card APPROVED!!!!!!

Congrats!! However the citi forward is a tough one. I would say the charge cards are easier to get than a revolver specially with citi. What are your scores ?

Message 2 of 48
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I would wait for Citi..

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 3 of 48
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

I just checked transunion today and it came up with a 741 FICO

I'm really excited about the green approval but would like to add a revolver if possible. I don't know my other fico scores

Thoughts?

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 4 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@espnjunkie wrote:

I just checked transunion today and it came up with a 741 FICO

I'm really excited about the green approval but would like to add a revolver if possible. I don't know my other fico scores

Thoughts?

I'd say go for it while you are on a roll. Citi will more than likely pull EQ and judging by your TU score I am pretty sure your EQ is somewhere in that ball park. 

Message 5 of 48
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

I figure i might as well apply for forward. Even if they deny me I still got approved for AMERX green...so my credentials can't be that bad haha!

Thanks so much guys for your advice, I really appreciate it!

TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 6 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes definitely go for it. I think you'll get it and then you can garden them together. Congrats!

Message 7 of 48
CS800
Super Contributor

Credit pulls are sometimes regional. In MA citi pulls EX

Message 8 of 48
CS800
Super Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

I figure i might as well apply for forward. Even if they deny me I still got approved for AMERX green...so my credentials can't be that bad haha!

Thanks so much guys for your advice, I really appreciate it!

You only have 1 inq to lose Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 48
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Oooo, congrats to you on being approved for the Amex Green!  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.