Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green card APPROVED!!!!!!

tag
Scene
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Green card APPROVED!!!!!!

Good job mate now you can buy yourself a private island!

Message 41 of 48
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

hahahaha not quite yet. I wish. Funny thing is I called Cap One to see if they would do anything for me to raise my limit (zero luck of course, but was able to lower my apr...not that i carry a balance ever), and they said to keep the card another six months then apply for another great Capital One product. After that conversation I wanted t figure out my scores if I had them and get what I have actually been eyeing for six months...

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 42 of 48
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone, will work on the Citi recon during the week. Still I'd rather get in with AMEX with the green than have the forward given the choice for now haha

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 43 of 48
CS800
Super Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

Thanks everyone, will work on the Citi recon during the week. Still I'd rather get in with AMEX with the green than have the forward given the choice for now haha

Go get them citi analyst Smiley Happy Keep us posted.

Message 44 of 48
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Green approval. I went for the Zync because I can't justify paying a $95 AF for the Green; I can manage $25 to get in with AMEX, but not $95. 

It's weird Citi said your history was too short. I got the Citi Dividend Visa with only 6 months of history, but I had 3 other cards when I applied, maybe that's why. 

Photobucket
Message 45 of 48
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Well they do waive the 95 fee for the first year, so if you look at it that way you are only paying 47.50 annual fee per year for the first two years. I originally was going to go for the Zync but decided what the heck, why not go for green? If you are going to be using the card alot, which it now becomes my primary spending card, getting membership rewards points will add up quicker. I currently don't spend enough to really justify the annual fee, but since the points don't expire you can just keep them saved for flights or rewards in the future. Plus being able to uprgade with a soft pull in 13 months is a nice bonus. Currently the Zync is not eligible for some reason.

Platinum only seems worth it if you travel all the time, otherwise you will never be able to justify the 450 annual fee. Either way Green/Zync are a great foot in the door to AMEX and give you the backdating for any other cards opened moving forward. I don't mind paying an annual fee for one or maybe two cards, anymore than that seems like a waste. Although the MR points can be converted into airline miles it seems like it isn't really a 1:1 transfer as advertised, for example Jetblue miles are 200 Blue miles:250 MR points...

As for Citi recon I plan on calling in tomorrow and trying to get a non-foreign script reading analyst to assist me, if that fails then I'm writing a letter in. I hope I can work out some sort of deal because the only reason for the denial was the short history with one tradeline. I'll ask for a lower starting limit

TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 46 of 48
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! For those who are discussing the Citi forward, is this the student version or the regular? I am looking to apply for the student once September comes around (I am currectly building credit history with my Cap 1 secured card) . I heard that Citi requires two tradelines with at least 1 year of history. Is that true? Maybe they are more graceful in their student version?

Thanksx

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 47 of 48
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

I decided not to bother with a citi recon. The CSR on the phone was pretty useless and was reading from a script most of the time. She did mention that if I had applied for the student forward I would have been approved. I am not a student anymore so I did not know I could apply for that at the time. For the prime cards they want two tradelines to be open with one being for at least a year. I don't need anymore credit right now so I don't plan on applying for anything else for at least six more months.

TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.