Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green closed by AMEX

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Green closed by AMEX

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would pull your free EX report for having adverse action just to make sure it's just Util. on there and not something you didn't know about because Barclay uses TU so just double check your EX isn't hiding something you were not aware of.

If nothing on it and util is all better and Amex won't just re-open if you call, I would just apply online (apply for Gold Rewards Preferred though... $1500 seems like a good amount of spending for no rewards.

Hi Creditaddict,  I will certainly do that... this is all new to me but I guess this old dog can learn the ropes.  When you say adverse action what would you mean?  Thanks for your help as I am sure others out there might be in the same boat or just learning these ropes. 

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 11 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would pull your free EX report for having adverse action just to make sure it's just Util. on there and not something you didn't know about because Barclay uses TU so just double check your EX isn't hiding something you were not aware of.

If nothing on it and util is all better and Amex won't just re-open if you call, I would just apply online (apply for Gold Rewards Preferred though... $1500 seems like a good amount of spending for no rewards.

Hi Creditaddict,  I will certainly do that... this is all new to me but I guess this old dog can learn the ropes.  When you say adverse action what would you mean?  Thanks for your help as I am sure others out there might be in the same boat or just learning these ropes. 

Anything negative that May have shown up on your credit report... Might not even be yours or correct, happens more than one would think or hope!

Message 12 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Anything negative that May have shown up on your credit report... Might not even be yours or correct, happens more than one would think or hope!

+1 to what creditaddict said.

Link here: https://www.experian.com/reportaccess/

Select request credit report, then answer yes to next question, and then fill in the form.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 21
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Adverse Action (AA) is when you've had a negative consequence due to a credit decision, such as CLD, denial of credit, or account closure.  If this happens, you're entitled to a free CR from the CRA used in connection with the AA.  I'd highly recommend obtaining your CR this way, just to make sure there are no unknown issues on your CR.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 21
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Another thing to note, if you card is over 60% util and you're paying double the minimum, wouldn't that mean you're behind on payments? It's a charge card and should be pay in full every month and shouldn't carry balances. AMEX doesn't like that trend at all. And another thing, is the card paid in full at the moment?

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 15 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

Another thing to note, if you card is over 60% util and you're paying double the minimum, wouldn't that mean you're behind on payments? It's a charge card and should be pay in full every month and shouldn't carry balances. AMEX doesn't like that trend at all. And another thing, is the card paid in full at the moment?

I think and I hope I was reading it that OP was 60% on all other cards and paying double minimum but running about $1500 and PIF on amex each month.

I'm frankly surprised that if no late payments were happening on Amex and staying consistant at $1500 and PIF that they cared at all about the other cards.

Message 16 of 21
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

You are accurate.  The reason for closing was the credit score dropping.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Message 17 of 21
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@efranklin23 wrote:

I think and I hope I was reading it that OP was 60% on all other cards and paying double minimum but running about $1500 and PIF on amex each month.

I'm frankly surprised that if no late payments were happening on Amex and staying consistant at $1500 and PIF that they cared at all about the other cards.

oh ok ty, I was reading it wrong then

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 18 of 21
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

***Update***

Had a few free minutes today at work and called the AMEX CSR line to see what I can do.  I explained this situation and after a few questions to validate I am who I am the rep put my file in for reinstatement.  She said if they don't reinstate me I can call into the recon line or may have to reapply all together.  She also gave me the scripted "Expect a written answer in 7-10 days."

I will keep you posted once I know their decision.  I really want my green card back. -Barry

Message 19 of 21
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@BarryNTexas wrote:

***Update***

Had a few free minutes today at work and called the AMEX CSR line to see what I can do.  I explained this situation and after a few questions to validate I am who I am the rep put my file in for reinstatement.  She said if they don't reinstate me I can call into the recon line or may have to reapply all together.  She also gave me the scripted "Expect a written answer in 7-10 days."

I will keep you posted once I know their decision.  I really want my green card back. -Barry

Nice! Good luck!!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.