Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green "in progress" with FICO 609

tag
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Green "in progress" with FICO 609

Sorry about the decline. I'd work on clearing some COs. Send PFD letters & improve your score a bit. Then in about six months re-apply. GL!
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 21 of 25
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

sorry about the decline OP...just give it a little more time for your score to go up and baddies to get a little older. You will get there eventually!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 22 of 25
rubbinitout
Valued Member

Thanks guys,

I think if I can pay one of the SL COs that is $2.5k and the Chase CC CO that is almost $4k in the next few months, I should be in much better shape.

That $15k priv SM co is a killer.

Message 23 of 25
rubbinitout
Valued Member

OK, received the decline letter yesterday. 

The reason for not making an exception was my FICO score, 609. Of course it's that low for a number of reasons as already listed. So in this case, my income verification had no effect.

On to the PFD with the charge-offs and apply for secured cards!

Message 24 of 25
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Well it was worth a shot!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.