Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Green

Been wanting a AMEX Green or Gold card. Have a EXP+ Score of 652, w/ one 30 day late payment,12 INQ, and a $512 installment auto loan that i have had for a year and three months (never paid late). Should I apply now or hold off a couple more months.

Also, are the credit requirements more stringent for Gold than Green and Platinum than Gold. Or is it just the annual fee that sets them apart.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Green

The Green may be a little bit easier to get than the Gold. Are all 12 of those INQ on EX? If they are, I'd recommend you hold off a bit unless they have all aged at least 6 months.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

try the pre-approval feature on amex. click apply for a card, then view special offers. a 650ish cleanish ex was ok for a green, but w/amex who knows minute to minute.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Been wanting a AMEX Green or Gold card. Have a EXP+ Score of 652, w/ one 30 day late payment,12 INQ, and a $512 installment auto loan that i have had for a year and three months (never paid late). Should I apply now or hold off a couple more months.

Also, are the credit requirements more stringent for Gold than Green and Platinum than Gold. Or is it just the annual fee that sets them apart.

That Experian score is a PLUS one? Do you have any idea what your Experian FICO is? The PLUS ones can (and usually do) vary quite a bit from the FICOS, and it's going to be your FICO that AmEx looks at if/when you apply.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, it is significantly different, 583. Ouch
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! My EX Score jumped to 649
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.