Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX HELP!!!!

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX HELP!!!!

To the OP, are you referring to some sort of regulation/law and how it affect  what type of card you can get?  Until the early '00's; revolving AMEX accounts couldn't be issued to anyone in Iowa due to "banking regulations".

I remember getting pre-approvals in the mail when I lived in Iowa for revolving Amex accounts, applying, only to be told that particular card could't be issued in Iowa.  As to why I'd get the pre-approval, thats a whole different story in a universe far, far away.

Good luck to the OP, but I second what other people are saying, your state of residence has nothing to do with your approval/denial chances per se'.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder what a "high to low credit ratio" ratio is?  Unfortunately, there is no pill you can take to boost your credit score overnight.  It takes time and you should at least have  680-700 before you even try for Amex.  That won't make you feel better but taking a realistic look at your circumstances should help in the long run.

Message 12 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder what a "high to low credit ratio" ratio is?  Unfortunately, there is no pill you can take to boost your credit score overnight.  It takes time and you should at least have  680-700 before you even try for Amex.  That won't make you feel better but taking a realistic look at your circumstances should help in the long run.

No pills, but certainly rapid rescoring for mortgages. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.