Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Hard Pull for PC

tag
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

AMEX Hard Pull for PC

Anyone have any idea of Amex does a hard pull for PC? I'm looking to switch from Blue Sky to Delta Gold but also buying a house in the next 3-6 months so can't afford the hard pull. 

08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Hard Pull for PC

@Tons_of_Debt wrote:

Anyone have any idea of Amex does a hard pull for PC? I'm looking to switch from Blue Sky to Delta Gold but also buying a house in the next 3-6 months so can't afford the hard pull. 

Generally AMEX does not require a HP for product change.    How long has your account been opened ?  Most creditors these days don't want to PC before the account is a year old.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Hard Pull for PC

@pizzadude wrote:

@Tons_of_Debt wrote:

Generally AMEX does not require a HP for product change.    How long has your account been opened ?  Most creditors these days don't want to PC before the account is a year old.

1) I PC'ed from SPG to AmEx Blue with no hard pull.

2) Law states that you can't PC to an upgraded product until you've had a card for 13 months.

Such as I couldn't PC from AmEx Green to Gold or from Blue to SPG. Other than that theres no limit as I did the PC mntioned above after only 6 months.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.