AMEX Hates Me?

tag
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Hates Me?

@kevinjjc wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@CreditScoreBlueprint wrote:

Okay, I called them up to see what the deal was. Apparently, since they don't do hard pulls, they go off of the last available soft pull that they have on file - which was in November. And I had high credit usage at that time. They also mentioned that my auto loan balance was too close to the original balance (never knew companies paid attention to that). So basically they have a 670 FICO score on file for me, when my current FICO is actually 760.

They said that I could send them the report via fax and they would re-evaluate the request, or I could just wait 90 days and request a CLI again. 

That's solid info, glad you called. So what are you going to do? The 90 day wait is interesting as all I ever hear is 6 months between CLI requests. 

6 months after an approved CLI, 90 days after a declined CLI.

Do we believe that's product specific per card or across the board inclusive of all cards? 

Message 21 of 23
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@CreditScoreBlueprint wrote:

Okay, I called them up to see what the deal was. Apparently, since they don't do hard pulls, they go off of the last available soft pull that they have on file - which was in November. And I had high credit usage at that time. They also mentioned that my auto loan balance was too close to the original balance (never knew companies paid attention to that). So basically they have a 670 FICO score on file for me, when my current FICO is actually 760.

They said that I could send them the report via fax and they would re-evaluate the request, or I could just wait 90 days and request a CLI again. 

That's solid info, glad you called. So what are you going to do? The 90 day wait is interesting as all I ever hear is 6 months between CLI requests. 

6 months after an approved CLI, 90 days after a declined CLI.

Do we believe that's product specific per card or across the board inclusive of all cards? 

All AmEx revolvers.

Message 22 of 23
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Still stuck at 2,000 here darn! Smiley Sad  Am waiting for an auto-CLI.  Am afraid a phone automated CLI will cause an HP

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.