Established Contributor
scenery_guy

Re: AMEX Hates Me?

kevinjjc wrote:

scenery_guy wrote:

CreditScoreBlueprint wrote:

Okay, I called them up to see what the deal was. Apparently, since they don't do hard pulls, they go off of the last available soft pull that they have on file - which was in November. And I had high credit usage at that time. They also mentioned that my auto loan balance was too close to the original balance (never knew companies paid attention to that). So basically they have a 670 FICO score on file for me, when my current FICO is actually 760.

They said that I could send them the report via fax and they would re-evaluate the request, or I could just wait 90 days and request a CLI again. 

That's solid info, glad you called. So what are you going to do? The 90 day wait is interesting as all I ever hear is 6 months between CLI requests. 

6 months after an approved CLI, 90 days after a declined CLI.

Do we believe that's product specific per card or across the board inclusive of all cards? 

Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

scenery_guy wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

scenery_guy wrote:

CreditScoreBlueprint wrote:

Okay, I called them up to see what the deal was. Apparently, since they don't do hard pulls, they go off of the last available soft pull that they have on file - which was in November. And I had high credit usage at that time. They also mentioned that my auto loan balance was too close to the original balance (never knew companies paid attention to that). So basically they have a 670 FICO score on file for me, when my current FICO is actually 760.

They said that I could send them the report via fax and they would re-evaluate the request, or I could just wait 90 days and request a CLI again. 

That's solid info, glad you called. So what are you going to do? The 90 day wait is interesting as all I ever hear is 6 months between CLI requests. 

6 months after an approved CLI, 90 days after a declined CLI.

Do we believe that's product specific per card or across the board inclusive of all cards? 

All AmEx revolvers.

Regular Contributor
cutemarty1

Still stuck at 2,000 here darn! :smileysad:  Am waiting for an auto-CLI.  Am afraid a phone automated CLI will cause an HP

My TL : BCE AMEX 24k / Home Depot 16.5 K / CSP 16.5k / Barclays Arrival MC 15k / BoA 123 14k / Discover 13.5k / Citi World 12.8k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 10K / Freedom 10k / Citi AA 9.1k / Macy's Store 3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / AE 1.4k / Express 1.4K/

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+