Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Hilton HHonors Approved!!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Hilton HHonors Approved!!!!!!!!

First of I gotta say I would have never been approved if it was not for all the posters on this site. I am so excited and I got the 40K bonus offer.

So for those of you thinking of applying here is my situation: I have about 7 inq on Experian, but as I am going to travel frequently in the next year I thought why not give it a shot. Yesterday when I applied the Amex application update site said in progress.....then around 8Pm last night I called. I got a rep who clearly has been outsourced (not that I care) but she informed me my CL is 2K.

So for those of you that have this card what is the best way to use and redeem points on this card???????

Additionally I have the card portfolio below, I may apply for the CSP and close the Cap1 next year. So could all of you tell me how I should be usiing the cards below to maximize reward earning? Any and all input is welcome.

Amex Zync - NPSL - My internal limit is 6K 3 month old

Amex Hilton HHonors - 2K I just got approved.

Chase Freedom - 5K  3 months old and got a CLI last month from 3K with HP

Discover More 1.5K  3 Months old - Hopefully I get a CLI in 6 Months

Cap 1 500 10 months old - What else is there to say the limit sucks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Hilton HHonors Approved!!!!!!!!

I just got approved for mine on the 29th! Although I'm still waiting on the card...Definitely looking forward to the 3x CLI in 61 days. And I don't know if I am wrong, but with the Hilton Card with the AF, you receive 40,000 points after your first purchase. I looked on the Hilton website and according to the website, 40,000 HHonors points are equivalent for like a week stay?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Message 2 of 9
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Nice card Smiley Happy Congrats!

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it is a weeks' stay depending on the category of the hotel. If you stay at category 1 hotel like a Hampton Inn than its 7500 points a night, hower if you stay at Hilton times square its 50K points a night..

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Hilton HHonors card holders..........................have input????

Message 5 of 9
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I too want this card! I just got my Zync and BCE in May, backdated to 1998, how long should I wait to apply for this one? 6 months?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Zync in May 2012 and my AAOA when I applied for the HHonors card was 4 months, so you should be good.

Message 7 of 9
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Yeah but I got both cards in May, so not sure if they will give me a third one in such a short time.

Message 8 of 9
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

The best value in terms of redeeming Hilton points are AXON rewards. They are heavily discounted 4 night awards for category 5-7 hotels. The best values among these are AXON6 (4 nights in a category 6 hotel for 125k points) , and an AXON7 (145k points for 4 nights in a cat7 hotel). If you're looking for longer stays, GLONS are also a good deal. These are discounted redemption rates for VIP level members for 4+ nights. Hilton 's value really shines at their highest end hotels. If you're looking for something more mid-range, the value diminishes quite quickly.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.