cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Hilton HHonors Surpass 85,000 sign-up offer (link only)

tag
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Hilton HHonors Surpass 85,000 sign-up offer (link only)

Largest signup bonus ever for the card (previously 80K was the highest, 60K is the standard). I redeem my points at $0.46 each, this would've been a very nice $391 sign up bonus. MUST use link below.

It’s true Hilton points aren’t worth as much as other Hotel branded cards, but keep in mind you earn them much faster for purchases most of us actually do throughout the year. 12x points on their properties, 6x points at restaurants, groceries, and gas stations, 3x all other purchases. You'll also get Hilton Gold status (free room upgrades is the best perk) and free Priority Pass membership for your air travel. 

Also, redemption rates vary widely, from $0.30, up to $1.00pp, so if you stay at a Hilton regularly, be sure to calculate their redemption rate before deciding the value of this offer.

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/web/applycard/us/personal-card/api/hil/hilton-hhonors-surp...

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Hilton HHonors Surpass 85,000 sign-up offer (link only)

nice little sign-up bonus.. To bad I just got the hilton regular a bit ago for the 40k :/

Message 2 of 11
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Hilton points can vary greatly in value. Most valuations are <.50 a point. However, at the places I am interested in (Napa, Fess Parker in Santa Barbara) I can get .67 - .75 a point on average, meaning the card nets me:

2-2.25% on general spend

4-4.50% on supermarkets, gas stations, and restaurants

8-9% on Hilton purchases.

As such, it's basically the only card I use (I admittedly only use two cards at this point). The bonus categories are easily the ones I spend the most in. It provides excellent value for me. However, for many people the redemption values suck based off of where they want to stay. Just depends on the cardholder's wants and needed

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! This may just be DH's first Amex. I'll have to let him know if he should come to that conclusion. Smiley Wink 

Message 4 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Hilton points can vary greatly in value. Most valuations are <.50 a point. However, at the places I am interested in (Napa, Fess Parker in Santa Barbara) I can get .67 - .75 a point on average, meaning the card nets me:

2-2.25% on general spend

As such, it's basically the only card I use (I admittedly only use two cards at this point). The bonus categories are easily the ones I spend the most in. It provides excellent value for me. However, for many people the redemption values suck based off of where they want to stay. Just depends on the cardholder's wants and needed

Question for you newguy... Do places like fast food count as restaurants such as Wendy's, McDonalds etc?  As long as the merchant code is correct? Heard some conflicting info regarding this w/regards to this card..  I plan on using this and my CSP as my main cards and this might take over the CSP depending in some cases. I spend a ton w/regards to eating out usually not at mc D's, but nice restraurants so seems to make alot of sense to me.  Thanks

Message 5 of 11
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

2-2.25% on general spend

Question for you newguy... Do places like fast food count as restaurants such as Wendy's, McDonalds etc?  As long as the merchant code is correct? Heard some conflicting info regarding this w/regards to this card..  I plan on using this and my CSP as my main cards and this might take over the CSP depending in some cases. I spend a ton w/regards to eating out usually not at mc D's, but nice restraurants so seems to make alot of sense to me.  Thanks

Yep, sure do. I spend a decent amount (way more than I should admittedly) on fast food, and get the bonus points every time. This page should also prove helpful:

AMEX bonus category explanations

Message 6 of 11
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Heres my McDonalds categorized as a Restaurant Smiley Happy

rest.PNG

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow very cool deal. I just realized that my AmexED will let me deposit my points to hhonors and also delta. Would be nice if it was two way transfer though lol. Anyway, I wonder if you can do the same thing here? Deposit the 85000 points to delta? My conversion said they were equal. But idk.

Message 8 of 11
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow very cool deal. I just realized that my AmexED will let me deposit my points to hhonors and also delta. Would be nice if it was two way transfer though lol. Anyway, I wonder if you can do the same thing here? Deposit the 85000 points to delta? My conversion said they were equal. But idk.

Not sure, but check the conversion rate to Hhonors points, if I remember correctly it's fairly crummy.

Message 9 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ok kinda a lush as well, do bars count as well since most serve food?  CSP I get 2x on all the places I go..  Might be trial and error on a few I would guess.

Glad to know I am not the only unhealthy person that eats on this forum, comes down to conveince alot of times w/being busy at work!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.