Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Hilton & AMEX Delta Gold offer success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Hilton & AMEX Delta Gold offer success

Has anyone received the emails below:

1. Apply for Hilton Surpass and get 100,000 points after spending $3k in 3 months

2. Apply for Delta Gold and get 60,000 skymiles after spending  $1k in 3 months

Talked to the rep Friday about the Delta, and said since i applied for this card 2 years ago with a bonus, he said i would not qualify to get the bonus again.  I applied in 2015 and closed it on 2016. If i apply for it, will i really not get the miles? Will it be a HP even if i dont get the bonus?

Talked to the rep about the Hilton.  I was trying to upgrade my Hilton Honors to the Surpass and get the bonus but their system was having issues and told me to call back later.  I aslo picked up the Surpass in 2015 but it was with a 80k points offer, then downgraded to Honors.  Would it be possible to upgrade and get the bonus again? 

Both offers say "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product"

Anyone get luck?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Hilton & AMEX Delta Gold offer success

If it says "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product" then you won't get the bonus. No exceptions.

Sometimes Amex will put out an offer that doesn't have this language, but it is pretty rare.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

I want to hear from others and find out if they got lucky before or recently...getting offer approvals twice for same product.

Message 3 of 7
trant3
Established Contributor

You will not get bonus if you had it in the past, T&C states it as well. Also a HP and a bonus has no relation
FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trant3 wrote:
You will not get bonus if you had it in the past, T&C states it as well. Also a HP and a bonus has no relation

Waiting on someone to post who has been successful on this.  I understand that the bonus has no relation to the HP.  It was more of a general question since some members have stated applying with AMEX and not getting a HP.

Message 5 of 7
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@trant3 wrote:

Waiting on someone to post who has been successful on this.  I understand that the bonus has no relation to the HP.  It was more of a general question since some members have stated applying with AMEX and not getting a HP.

Successful on what? Getting around the Amex lifetime rule on bonuses?

Like I said... no exceptions.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as my understanding there are no exceptions, nor have I heard/read of any. I was also told when I closed a card that I would not be elligible for a sign on bonus with the card if I were to reapply in the future. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.