Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ICC Cards

tag
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

AMEX ICC Cards

Hi,

Does anyone on this board or those lurking know the difference between regular AMEX charge (Platinum, Gold, Green, etc) and the International Currency Cards? What exactly is the ICC and is it available here in the US ( I do have regular AMEX platinum personal and business). I am wondering because I would love an AMEX card that acted as a "deferred debit card" linked to my bank account. I have checked on the UK and Latin sites but it has never been clear what they actually are and how best used and if customers in the US are eligible for them. This site has been so helpful and such a great resource I thought I would ask here. Does any one have one?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX ICC Cards

The main advantage appears to be avoiding foreign transaction fees, since you pay in the currency of the biller. On the Who Is This Card For page, it says, "Louise regularly travels to Europe on business. Her Euro Charge Card is a convenient way to pay for things while she is there."

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.