Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX INQ

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX INQ

Yes that's bizarre then. But could be what uswala said depending on what the report is saying. I have tons of sp from Amex but only 1 actual hp.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex will go crazy at first and soft pull your credit reports for the first 60 days in particular. This includes all three Credit Bureaus. In essence, they are babysitting you to see if you warrant their 3x CLI. Nontheless though, unless if you've really really angered AMEX they would not hard pull, but soft pull as everyone else had said. Assuming you haven't gone on a tear asking for new cards from them or CLI's... Then that's odd. Defintely contact them. The other interesting thing regarding a hard pull is that a creditor has to give you a copy. So have you recieved a copy 10 times? What's even stranger though is why their living on your Equifax/Transunion the most. There preferences are high on Experian, then Equifax, and lastly Transunion. I would expect the exact opposite sequence as you mentioned (not questioning you) just odd. 

Ultimately, an unathorized lender hard pull leaves them liable to remove the pull and 1000 dollars in court for each pull. I am also in the camp that I believe you are mistaking hard and soft pulls. Defintely worth checking out though. 

Message 12 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Guys,

Looking through my reports today and saw that across all three, I have 10 inquiries from AMEX. I've only ever applied for their Green and Delta card. Green was approved. Even if they did 3 for each one, that still leaves 4 unaccounted for. Anyone heard of this?

I think you are confused.  BUT, if they are really HP, then next to each one would be the date it was pulled.  From that you should be able to tell what they are about.

+1

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.